Junior Application Administrator
- Work with all members of the IT team on ITIL processes to increase the number of first call resolutions and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Perform application administration, such as user access rights.
- Assist in the planning, design, development, and deployment of enhancements to existing applications.
- Liaise with vendors as needed to provide an additional level of support to the application users, and for managing modifications to the applications.
- Create and maintain effective system documentation.
- Work with the QA team to develop, coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for system modifications.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Extract data from the system and prepare reports for end-users and management.
- Enter new data locations in tables during data file conversion processes.
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Materials Management, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration.
- Previous work experience in an application support, finance, accounting, materials management, or human resources role considered an asset.
- Minimum three years of related work experience in an application support, finance, or accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of data extraction and reporting tools such as SQL and Crystal Reports considered an asset.
- Previous experience with IFS, JDE World, JDE One World and Parkwood considered an asset.
- Knowledge of network and PC operating systems, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Sharepoint 2007 considered an asset.
- Ability to enter alphanumeric data such as server names, Internet protocol addresses, ports, applications and application identification numbers into server tables.
Ability to prepare schedules for computer operations
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as member of team coordinating efforts with various personnel.
- Continuously learn and update technical skills and knowledge.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.