The IT Systems and Support Specialist will configure, install, and maintain end user IT systems including devices, software, and cloud applications. The ideal candidate will enjoy variety in their work and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. As part of our IT team, you will be responsible for providing an Extraordinary Customer Experience to our internal end-users.
We are looking for an aspiring IT professional that wants to be the first point of contact for our internal end-user support processes throughout all companies within the Convergix family of organizations.
What would a typical day look like?
- Collaborate with tight knit team to ensure that Convergix’ IT systems, computers, servers, and software systems are properly functioning, supported and available to all users with minimal downtime
- Research and implement innovative ways to streamline deployment and support of IT systems and end-user hardware in a rapidly growing company
- Liaise with end-users globally to deploy and support their devices and applications
- Manage our internal ticketing queue to support end-user requests and issues
- Provide onboarding training to new end-users on applications and standards
- Provide input and adhere to the IT business plan providing effective and efficient internal IT processes and systems
What qualifies you for this opportunity?
- Interest in IT industry, including best practices, recommended applications and systems, and extensive overall general IT knowledge
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results
- Customer service skills: an ability to build rapport and confidently diffuse frustrated end-users
- Ability to successfully collaborate with a team
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple requests and tasks
- Ability to learn new technologies
- A basic understanding of networking (subnetting, VLANs, VPN, and wireless)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills related to the OSI Model and windows active directory
- Experience utilizing and deploying enterprise security and anti-virus/malware
- Microsoft 365 experience an asset
- Working towards or interest in working towards certifications in Microsoft, ITILv3, CompTIA A+ and Cisco
- College Diploma in a related discipline is required
- Reliable transportation and an ability to travel; although this position is focused on local clients and minimal travel is required, you should have the ability to travel within US and Canada
What does CONVERGIX Offer You?
Here at CONVERGIX, we offer a very generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Dental coverage
- RRSP Matching
- Paid Cell Phone
- and more!
CONVERGIX Automation Solutions
CONVERGIX Automation Solutions (CONVERGIX) is a global systems integrator specializing in custom automated manufacturing systems including, robotics, controls, material handling, information systems, and process automation. As a complete solutions provider, we offer our customers technical expertise and creative solutions to dramatically improve and enhance their processing, manufacturing, and logistics operations.
We are a single Source Automation Solutions Provider that leverages the Geography, Technology, Industry expertise and Capacity of the entire Convergix portfolio across the entire value chain for our customers. We leverage creative, solutions-oriented engineering and technology to close gaps in process efficiency and drive industries forward.
What does CONVERGIX value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build CONVERGIX; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
Why join the CONVERGIX team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, CONVERGIX Automation Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. We are expanding at a rapid pace as we continue the path to be a $1 Billion company. CONVERGIX brings a new, holistic approach to automation throughout the value chain. At CONVERGIX, products, technology, experience, support and expertise intersect to empower customers in every industry to reach their full potential.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CONVERGIX Automation Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person