Speer Technologies is a Toronto based technology hub partnered with some of the largest technology incubators within the Greater Toronto Area. Our team consists of passionate innovators and open minded thinkers, with the drive to build unique technologies that are getting FDA approved, ADA approved or provisional patents. Speer focusses on building ground breaking technologies with partnerships in Italy, Germany, California and France. Partnering to build unique products allows our designers and developers to gain unique exposure to end to end product development lifecycles.
As a startup, we expect you to learn while delivering high quality designs and producing for our tight timelines with partners. Our fast paced environment provides exposure to many different industries, work environments and people improving your communication skills, technical and transferable skills.
Speer’s goal is to collaborate with innovative brands to create a renown experience. We provide lots of opportunities for growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Leading various projects, helping developers understand their tickets and tasks
- Using your project management knowledge to map out project scopes, present project breakdowns and using creative direction to present demos
- Assisting on the project with designers regarding user experience
- Support, implement, and articulate business objectives, product requirements and product strategy to drive growth.
- Collaborate with the product teams, including the engineering and the design verticals, to identify realistic timelines and the implementation of measures for feature prioritization and product requirements using strategic techniques, which are measurable and adaptive.
- Provide a sense of direction for the entire product delivery team and other product stakeholders.
- Break down product requirements/improvements/bugs and organize them down into backlog items.
- Review video recordings and create tickets
- Background in software development would be an asset
- Hands on experience with agile processes and principles, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Creative direction and innovative approach to understanding partners, their needs and how we specify our requirements.
- Possessing a unique approach to making partners feel comfortable interacting with us.
- Have a technology background so you can effectively work and communicate with your fellow software developers and product designers.
- Experience with Agile Project Management Tools is preferred (e.g., JIRA).
- You think at scale and can communicate about large-scale applications you’ve worked on.
Bonus points if you:
- Are passionate and in love with the STEM industry, especially software development.
- Very creative. You can demonstrate a portfolio with previous design, demo, pitch deck and social media work.
- Can think outside the box.
- Have a sense of humour.
- Ambitious and love the startup environment.
- Must be able to work strange hours and be flexible - we're a startup - sacrifices are made to make us greater!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years of Software Engineering experience do you have where your role was to primarily write and review code?
- Product Management: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote