Join us and receive $250 signing bonus!
Up to 29 hours per week
The National Diabetes Trust is Canada’s largest charitable clothing and small household good collection service. With more than 5,000 donations bins and an active home pick-up service in communities across Canada (excluding Quebec), we collect unwanted gently used clothing and household items, using them to raise much-needed funds for Diabetes Canada.
Each year, the program diverts more than 100 million pounds of clothing and household items from landfill sites across Canada. As an employee on the National Diabetes Trust team, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities, with 28 operations and 100 trucks. Join a team that is making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment.
What We Offer:
- Guaranteed pay progression after 6 months and 1 year
- Monthly bonus for Top Drivers program
- Registered Pension Plan (100% Employer-paid) once eligibility criteria are met
- Corporate discounts through Perkopolis, Value Village and GoodLife Fitness
- Hours of Work*
This role will work up to 29 hours per week. A consistent schedule will be developed in collaboration with operational needs.
About the Charitable Donations Pickup Driver Role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role will drive established routes to collect donated clothing and household items from our valued customers’ homes and our designated charity donations bins – and deliver these items to our Corporate Partners and storage facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete all pickups; includes drop bins, household, and other special picks ups
- Conduct daily unloads at our corporate partners, fill and empty trucks in and out of storage facilities
- Meet daily pick up and drop off quotas
- Drive in a safe, courteous, and defensive manner when operating company trucks
- Portray a positive and professional image to the public, co-workers, and our corporate partners
- Produce and maintain excellent and accurate records
- Care for the truck as required by standard operating procedures
*** MUST BE AVALIBLE MONDAY TO FRIDAY 7AM TO 7PM****
- A valid full driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Able to drive 3-ton, 16-feet long, automatic, cube truck
- Complete up to 120 pickups daily, load and unload up to 50 lbs. per single load
- Regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, crawl, kneel, or crouch; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls and occasionally required to climb steps and balance
- Available on days, evenings, and weekends and to work 10 hour shifts
- Must pass as a criminal background check
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Good verbal and written English proficiency
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
At National Diabetes Trust, we are guided by our values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. We believe in the importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
We are committed to bringing people together in a respectful, inclusive and supportive environment, no matter their age, gender, identity, race, ethnicity, religion, income, sexual orientation, or where they live. In July of 2020, we signed the BlackNorth Initiative CEO pledge and will hold ourselves accountable in meeting those commitments.
How to Apply
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- NDT welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. We value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.