LEGAL ASSISTANT – Real Estate (Junior)
Ogilvie LLP currently has one opening for a full-time Legal Assistant.
1400 Canadian Western Bank Place
10303 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3N6
ABOUT OGIVLIE LLP
Ogilvie was built in 1920 on a tradition of building relationships and working alongside our clients, and that is still our philosophy an entire century later. Our specialized teams of lawyers work beside clients, and businesses to ensure their issues are resolved. A regional firm, leaders in Corporate Commercial, Real Estate, Litigation & Dispute resolution, Insolvency, Wills & Estate, Family, and Administrative Law.
Ogilvie provides its staff with an opportunity to be challenged and rewarded by working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment alongside some of the top lawyers in Edmonton and Calgary. Putting our clients first is at the center of all we do at Ogilvie, and our specialized legal teams work side by side with our clients to help them achieve and further their business goals.
Creating successful client relationships is central to our work culture, and we are always looking for talented new people to grow our pool of expertise and provide quality service to our clients. If you think you would be a great addition to our team, we would love to hear from you.
- Working with the Real Estate Legal Assistants and Lawyers on sales, purchases, and other real estate transactions
- Conduct land title searches
- Liaise with Lawyers and other Legal Assistants in firm regarding coordination of requests
- Diarize and track deadlines. Following up with Legal Assistants and Lawyers on tasks
- Handle a variety of daily administrative tasks
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
DESIRED SKILL SET
- High professionalism and the ability to respect confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Reliable and accountable
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must have a strong base in MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- ACUMIN knowledge an asset
- Worldox knowledge an asset
- LawyerDoneDeal knowledge an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Be a graduate of an accredited legal assistant program
Ogilvie offers a competitive salary based on experience level, in addition to a positive and engaging work environment.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person