Are you looking to apply your skills to a company with a long track record of growth and success? We are looking for a Business Systems & Data Analyst with substantial experience working in a fast-paced environment.
The AVL Group of Companies was founded in 1998. Hamilton Metal Works® (H.M.W), the group's founding company, focused primarily on large custom fabrications and machining. In 2006, H.M.W. changed its name to AVL Manufacturing™, adding complete assembly, project management, and single-source supply chain services to its portfolio. AVL Manufacturing has become one of Canada’s most extensive privately-owned engineering, manufacturing, and assembly facilities.
1. Lead initiatives for data security, integrity and normalization
2. Analyze, design, program, test and implement business reports using ERP system tools, Gupta Report Builder, MS Excel, Visual Basic, SQL queries and SQL Server database
3. Manipulate and extract data from various data sources, programming (SQL, Excel VBA) and reporting in a timely manner
4. Analyze Visual Manufacturing System and current business processes to make recommendation on best practices
5. Develop training material and provide training to all staff on Visual Manufacturing ERP system and other software used by the business e.g., MS Office, CAD
6. Maintain company’s databases and data systems and work closely with the IT Manager
7. Perform Administrator tasks on existing software, e.g., ERP costing utilities, indexing, clean data, and User Maintenance and Security
8. Analyze and report cost variances working closely with the Project Management team
9. Respond to inquiries and requests for information from VISUAL Manufacturing ERP to staff in a timely manner
10. Remove corrupted data and review through root cause analysis
11. Respond to inquiries and requests for information from staff in a timely manner
12. Create and train end-users on new reports and dashboards
1. Minimum 2-year diploma as a Programmer / System Analyst
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience as Business Systems Developer / Analyst preferably in a manufacturing environment
3. Preference will be given to candidates with Visual Manufacturing ERP system and SQL experience, as well as a solid understanding of accounting and finance concepts
1. Demonstrate knowledge and an understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
2. Understand how this position impacts the quality of products and services our customers provide.
3. Participate pro-actively in the continuous improvement process.
4. Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to multi-task.
5. Work well within a team environment.
6. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
7. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
8. Maintain a professional, clean and safe work area.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience working in a manufacturing environment?
- Do you have experience using Visual Manufacturing ERP system?
Work Location: In person