We are hiring for our client, a leading Financial and Insurance service provider.
Reporting to the Manager, this position requires an expert in travel claims (medical, trip cancellation/ interruption, baggage, accidental death and dismemberment, collision damage) for both Affinity Markets and Group Benefit programs. The incumbent will be responsible for mitigating financial, legal and reputational risks .
To be successful in this role, you must keep in mind that it is not only what you do, but how you do it as well.
- Make final claims decisions, claims exceptions, and business decisions on contested and contentious claims.
- Review and respond to appeals or correspondence submitted by lawyers on behalf of their clients.
- Investigate, resolve, and respond to Escalated Complaints submitted to, but not limited to the President’s Office, the Ombud Liaison Office, Senior Management, Social Media and Insurance Regulators
- Handle Travel litigated claims including corresponding with internal and external legal counsel, make recommendations on legal strategies and settlement offers, and represent at legal proceedings (including mediations, arbitrations, examinations for discovery, trials).
Job Requirements :
- University degree in any discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in adjudicating claims, preferably life, health or travel.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medications and their applications, diseases, tests, and treatment modes is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, French is an asset
- Proven analytical, problem solving, decision making, and negotiation skills.
- You think big and have the ability to evaluate alternatives and assess risks in making timely and effective decisions
- You get things done together - Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism enabling to build strong relationships and to collaborate effectively.
- You own it - Ability to identify potential problems and risks, and be accountable for solutions.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to respond under high pressure or difficult/ sensitive situations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize competing tasks
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour
- Adjudicating Claims: 4 years (required)