Our client is a growing real estate development company established over 20 years ago in Vancouver. With more than 40 active real estate developments underway, they are expanding their in-house legal team and seeking a Corporate/Real Estate Senior Legal Assistant or Junior Paralegal.
The ideal candidate for this role is knowledgeable and versatile, with an ability to interchangeably operate at the junior paralegal level while also carrying out administrative tasks to support the General Counsel. The successful candidate will work out of company’s downtown office 3 days/week and has the option to work from home the remaining two days.
Our client offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group benefits
- Profit sharing
- Generous paid time off
- Company events
- Opportunity for progressive and organic growth
- Prepare legal documents and contracts such as Limited Partnership Agreements and Incorporations
- Handle annual maintenance for Canadian and US entities
- Conduct due diligence searches
- Manage the lawyer’s calendar and schedule appointments
- Develop and manage systems to track deadlines and reminders for closings
- Format documents and update templates as needed
- Arrange document signatures
- Take meeting minutes
- Liaise with outside counsel and keep track of files
- Improve efficiency of document procedures
- Other administrative support as required
- 5+ years of experience working in Corporate OR Real Estate practice within a Canadian law firm or legal department – experience in both areas considered an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of experience handling annual corporate maintenance of Canadian entities
- Working knowledge of Canadian and US corporate entity structures
- Understanding of BC Land Title Office requirements
- Highly organized and disciplined
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work without direct supervision
- Positive attitude and relationship-building skills
- Capacity to identify and make suggestions for areas of improvement adhering to best practices
- Tech-savvy with the ability to leverage the latest technology to improve efficiency
- Versatile, open, and dynamic personality
- Goal-oriented team mentality
For more information or to be considered for this opportunity, please apply today or contact a Hunter West consultant!
You may be interested in this job if you have Canadian experience in the following legal fields: corporate law, business law, corporate commercial, corporate services, corporate records, real estate, commercial real estate, lending, banking.
We encourage you to visit us at www.hunterwest.ca as our list of Current Opportunities is updated regularly on there! We also invite you to connect with us to learn more and to access our expertise and our connections during your job search.
Please note that offers of employment may be subject to background checks, and that all applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and reside within a reasonable distance to commute regularly or semi-regularly to the location of the posted job.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Please note that we are only able to respond to those who meet the above requirements, and are selected for interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Canadian corporate law and/or real estate law: 5 years (required)
- corporate maintenance of Canadian entities: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9