Ranked as one of the world’s top 70 universities, McMaster University is known for teaching and research excellence. In our teaching, research, and scholarship, we are committed to creativity, innovation, and excellence. We value integrity, quality, inclusiveness, and teamwork in everything we do.
McMaster consistently ranks among the top universities in Canada for its research initiatives and is one of four Canadian universities ranked as among the top 100 universities in the world.
The Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS) Health Research Services (HRS) Office provides leadership, counsel and fundamental services to the health research community. HRS directly administers health research grants and regulatory compliance for the Faculty of Health Sciences. These efforts help ensure the eligibility of McMaster’s research community as a whole to obtain health research funding from the Federal and Provincial governments and other funding agencies and sponsors by ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and policies particularly in terms of human and animal research ethics, biohazard and environmental regulations. The end result is a maximal share of available project and program funding for McMaster’s health researchers.
The Research Information Systems Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of research funding and metrics data and for the preparation of scheduled and ad-hoc performance metrics reports. This includes overseeing routine and ad-hoc reporting, exception reporting, developing and implementing standard operating procedures, and serving as the point of contact for inquiries relating to Faculty research data and metrics.
- Adapt, develop and evolve data systems and architecture, business processes and procedures for the capture, utilization and analysis of research funding and research activity data.
- Collect, analyze and present statistics and metrics to support major proposal development and fund raising initiatives.
- Create performance indicator reports, ad-hoc and custom, to support proposal development and to guide decision making by various internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, guide, direct, secure buy-in, and implement changes to business processes, systems, and tools to enable accurate and timely data collection and institutional reporting.
- Ensure the integrity of the research data by developing and implementing standards for data entry to ensure data integrity, developing queries to identify data integrity problems, run quality assurance queries to identify data integrity problems.
- Manage robust, flexible data management system(s) able to meet evolving internal and external needs by combining data from MOSAIC and other data sources.
- Develop strategies in consultation with research admin and research finance and other end-users.
- Develop community awareness of research information resources and capabilities and active use.
- Generate active participation by the end-users and obtain value-added input.
- Liaise with senior management, community and external stakeholders to ensure buy-in and collaboration is secured to develop and enhance reporting and performance metrics.
- Prepare scheduled internal and external reports.
- Coordinate joint research performance reporting with affiliated institutions.
- Coordinate central query and reporting development and deployment.
- Train others to use the research funding database and reporting tools.
- Address and provide solutions to information requests in the context of both internal and external demands.
- Coordinate data collection from multiple University departments and data sources and organize into a variety of databases.
- Ensure data integrity, including the alignment with sponsors’ data.
- Ensure user-oriented on-line access to select historic and current research funding data.
- Adopt and develop best practices, including harmonized implementation.
- Safeguard accessibility to the data with respect to security, specifically authorizing access to research data, confidentiality and legislative compliance.
- Manage the collection and manipulation of the Faculty’s research funding data, including query and report development.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study.
- Requires 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a university research environment is an asset.
What We Offer
In addition to joining a Top Ranked University, McMaster offers a very competitive Total Compensation Package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Employer Paid benefits such as Extended Health, Dental, Emergency Out-of-Country Travel Coverage & Life Insurance.
- Progressive paid Annual Vacation Plan.
- Participation in a competitive Contributory Pension Plan.
- Training, coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Employee Tuition Assistance for continuous professional development & education.
- Opportunity to be a part of an academic environment working alongside professionals who share a passion for life-long learning.
For more information, please visit McMaster's Total Rewards website!
This position is located in a host hospital or other healthcare site that has an active vaccination mandate in place. Successful applicants will need to comply with these and any other health and safety measures necessary as part of their appointment.