National Defence - CFINTCOM
$63,720 to $77,523
For further information on the organization, please visit National Defence
Closing date: 5 June 2023 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada, and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
How does this work❓
✅ Step 1: Read the entire advertisement. Want to join our team? Let us know you’re interested! Click “Apply Online”
✅ Step 2: Tell us about yourself! Attach your resume and answer the screening questions in the online application.
- Please provide complete and thorough details of your education and experience;
- Do not assume that the screening board has any previous knowledge of your background, qualifications, or work history. You must be specific and provide concrete examples/details for each experience element, as applications will be screened only on the information provided;
- Failure to provide sufficient information may result in your application being screened out of the process.
✅ Step 3: We will carefully review all of your qualifications. If your talent matches one of our immediate or upcoming opportunities we may contact you for further information or assessment.
Creating an environment where diverse perspectives are valued begins with self-declaration. Count yourself in and self-declare by identifying to which employment equity group(s) you belong. In order to self-declare, please ensure to indicate this by checking off the appropriate box within the online application as part of the Employment Equity section.
The discipline concerned with the collection, distribution, storage, analysis, processing, and presentation of geographic data or geographic information. This includes the tools and techniques used in land surveying, remote sensing, cartography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), global navigation satellite systems, photogrammetry, geophysics, geography, and related forms of earth mapping.
The Department of National Defence (DND) is one of the largest federal government employers, offering over 70 different types of civilian career opportunities. DND's role is to provide services and support to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) in their operations and missions at home and abroad. The department fosters a work environment where employees have opportunities to develop, to learn and to progress in their careers and have job satisfaction over the long-term.
Canadian Forces Intelligence Command (CFINTCOM) - Mission - To provide credible, timely and integrated defence intelligence capabilities, products and services to the Canadian Armed Forces, Department of National Defence, Government of Canada and Allies in support of Canada's national security objectives.
Vision - CFINTCOM will continue to evolve and innovate to be recognized as a world-class leader in the provision of integrated defence intelligence that is vital to the Canadian Armed Forces, Department of National Defence and Government of Canada decision-making.
The intent of this process is to fill current and future vacancies with various employment tenures and language profiles within the Department of National Defence.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in geomatics or an acceptable combination of education, training or experience relevant to the position to be staffed
- Please see the TBS Qualification Standards website for further details on the education requirements: https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/staffing/qualification-standards/core.html#eg
- Experience using GIS software to create and manipulate geospatial data and/or products.
- Experience working with Hexagon GeoMedia Professional software
- Experience in the interpretation of aerial or satellite imagery
- Experience in performing vector feature extraction
- Asset qualifications may be considered at any phase of the process.
Various language requirements
Information on language requirements
- Knowledge of remote sensing and image interpretation.
- Knowledge of GIS software and geoprocessing tools.
- Knowledge of cartography
- Knowledge of common geospatial data and products.
- Demonstrates integrity and respect
- Thinks things through
- Works effectively with others
- Shows initiative and is action-oriented
- Being able to communicate effectively is a skill that allows you to understand and be understood by others. These can include but are not limited to effectively communicating ideas to others and actively listening in conversations.
Selection may be limited to members of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women
Information on employment equity
The Department of National Defence is committed to providing an environment where justice, fairness and the elimination of barriers helps build a skilled, diverse and representative workforce reflective of Canada. We welcome diversity in all its forms, promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply. Please note that preference for hiring will first be given to candidates who are members of the above mentioned designated groups.
DND is committed to Employment Equity (EE). In order to achieve a representative workforce, selection may be based on qualified candidates self-declaring as belonging to one the following EE groups: Aboriginal peoples, Women, Members of visible minorities and Persons with disabilities. We encourage you to indicate if you belong to the designated group by completing the EE section in your application.
- In support of Strong, Secure, Engaged (SSE) initiative #24, consideration may be given to the spouses or common-law partners of Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members.
- Requirement to work shift work
- Requirement to work overtime including on weekends as needed
- Requirement to travel in Canada and abroad as needed
- Willing and able to obtain a valid passport
Reliability Status security clearance
Secret security clearance
Top Secret security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
If there are limitations or special circumstances preventing you from submitting your application via the PSRS online portal, you must contact us by email and receive approval to apply via an alternate means PRIOR to the closing date.
- Depending on the position being staffed:
- Additional qualifications, operational requirements and/or conditions of employment may be required
- Varying degrees of breadth and depth of experience may be deemed essential
- Asset qualifications may be invoked as essential qualifications
- You may be contacted and asked to submit information or be further assessed
- Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice
- A variety of assessment tools may be used. This may include application screening, interviews, written assessments, reference checks, board knowledge, interactions with internal staff during the process, etc.
- Please note that your overall conduct and communications, including email correspondence, throughout the entire process may be used in the assessment of qualifications and competencies.
- Top down selection may be used during any stage of the selection process.
- Please note that achieving the pass mark on any of the assessments used does not mean you will move forward in the selection process. Management may decide to use a score that is higher than the pass mark on any of the evaluations used throughout the selection process. Management may also decide to use top-down selection at any stage of the process.
- Appointment decisions may be based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Matching of the individual's experience or qualifications to the strengths and weaknesses of the work team;
- Matching of the individual's experience or qualifications to the specific duties of the position being staffed;
- Depth, breadth, type of work-specific experience;
- Level/degree of one or more competencies/qualifications;
- Organizational Needs.
- All information obtained throughout the selection process, from the time of application to close of process, may be used to evaluate the applicants.
- Our organization will only accept on-line applications for this opportunity. Please click “Apply online” to submit your application. Should you have a disability or an exceptional circumstance that requires an alternative application method, please contact us for guidance.
- Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid email address and make sure that this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
- The term “Aboriginal” is used within this job advertisement as it relates to the Employment Equity Act and other legislative frameworks. The term “Indigenous” is used where possible, in alignment with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.