Social Media Assistant
As our social media marketing professional you'll be working on the social media content of multiple companies. You'll be responsible for providing marketing support, managing internal communications, and handling light customer service duties. A typical day may involve creating and posting content, brainstorming new content ideas, finding eye-catching images and videos for social media posts, proactively engaging with followers, and analyzing the success of our digital marketing strategies. You'll ensure that all public communications effectively reflect our clients' brands, keep our calendar of events up to date, and maintain files on our internal drive. If you're a detail-oriented individual who enjoys juggling multiple tasks and driving results through social media marketing, we encourage you to apply!
We already know you’re inquisitive, creative, and eager to learn new skills. We also know you have some prior experience with marketing, whether it be your passion for using social media, your prior job experience or school projects involving social media content marketing. We're looking for someone who is passionate about social media marketing and understands the power of social media for businesses. You may not have all the answers, and you might even struggle with imposter syndrome about your skills or eligibility, but you shouldn't let this discourage you from applying! We see this as a growth role and will scale it to meet you where you are.
We're excited to learn that you're a "people person" who welcomes the opportunity to speak with clients and collaborate with team members. You don't mind interruptions (as long as you can still get your work done), and can have a number of long-term projects on the go without dropping shorter-term high-priority work.
In summary, we're seeking a social media marketing professional who shares our passion for helping businesses succeed through social media marketing. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
As our social media marketing professional, you'll be responsible for:
· Proactively managing content within our content management system.
· Bringing forward new ideas for content, promotions, and other initiatives that support our clients' objectives and our overall content marketing plan.
· Collaborating with our team and contributors to produce and publish compelling content.
· Managing Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, and other social media platforms.
· Overseeing and implementing Facebook/Instagram advertising campaigns with the support and approval of our team.
· Directing the design and curation of organic social media content, including images, videos, and written content.
· Listening and responding to users in a "social, on-brand" way while cultivating new followers and driving ROI.
· Creating compelling copy and communicating using the various client voices in a channel-appropriate manner that drives engagement and results.
· Suggesting campaigns to grow our social media presence and community through both internal and external influencer programs and campaigns.
· Communicating with guests and followers, engaging in conversations taking place about our brand, and answering questions.
· Creating a unique content feed that represents our brand values and themes in a curated, artistic manner.
· Ensuring social media icons, bios, and banners are up to date with the most relevant campaign promotion and brand information.
· Supporting external photographers and content contributors as needed.
As a member of our team, we ask that you bring:
- Creativity and teamwork skills.
- A willingness to continuously learn and improve your skills.
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively with our team.
- Commitment and reliability to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Self-motivation to work independently and manage your time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Experience using social media platforms
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Social media management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Remote