Junior Accountant (HMS LLP)
- Assist senior accountant with preparing and recording asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Assist senior accountant with preparing financial statements by compiling information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assist senior account with corporate/personal tax returns, corporate/personal HST returns, T4s and T5s.
- Preparing payroll for clients, monthly payroll remittances, issue ROEs, etc
- Performing bookkeeping for clients, using QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop and Excel spreadsheets
- Assist senior accountant with review engagements and other assurance related work
- Perform research and obtain support for accounting and tax related matters as requested
- Rolling forward files, and setup folders for upcoming year ends
Skills and Qualifications: Accounting and Canadian tax knowledge based on education or past work experience
- Knowledge of Caseware/Caseview Quickbooks, and Taxprep is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to learn and grow with the firm
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- 0 to 2 years of experience
This role will be hybrid working from home and the office.
The ideal candidate will be working towards their CPA designation. Salary :
$45,000 to $55,000 (based on experience)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person