At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want
to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be
part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive
salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be
part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as
adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Litigation Legal Assistant (Burnaby)
Legal Assistant Litigation Reference Number: 117483
Burnaby Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work:
7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2023/03/21
ICBC continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers. We hire great people for phenomenal jobs, come join our
Claims Legal Services has an excellent opportunity for a Litigation Legal Assistant to contribute to the success of ICBC as we
work to provide the legal defense of personal injury and other lawsuits against ICBC and its insured. You will provide legal
administrative support to one or more lawyers as required.
If you like a fast paced environment where your days fly by, this is your opportunity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing legal documentation (eg. Drafting Responses and Lists of Documents) and correspondence, as well as organizing
flow of information between interested parties.
- Preparing and maintaining necessary file information and documentation.
- Organizing case files and arranging appointments and court dates.
- Handling calls which do not require a lawyer’s attention.
- Maintaining an extensive “bring forward” system.
- Legal Secretary’s Diploma or Certificate
- 1 to 2 years related experience in progressively responsible legal secretarial positions involving the preparation of legal
- Thorough knowledge of litigation procedures and legal terminology
- Familiarity with BC Supreme Court Civil Rules and Small Claims Rules, Court Registry procedures, parts of the Motor Vehicle
Act, Insurance (Vehicle) Act and claims procedures pertaining to personal injury litigation
- Superior knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic
- Ability to prioritize, adapt to changing demands and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of tight deadlines
- Superior interpersonal and judgment skills
- Keyboarding speed of 35wpm
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications to produce legal correspondence and documents, and ability to learn software
related to the job
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
We invite you to apply today and find out why employees recommend ICBC to their friends and family as an excellent place to
work. We value and seek to maintain an environment of Collaborative, Supportive, Straightforward, and Knowledgeable team.