Encepta is looking to grow its Geospatial department. This position is primed for someone looking for their next challenge. Are you curious, innovative, and resourceful and a data wiz who likes keeping people moving forward?
You will be working with various departments and teams to help develop new workflows, automate existing redundant data tasks, and mentor team members to use new GIS solutions as they are implemented. Other tasks will involve supporting design team project requirements and deliverables and providing support for enterprise scale GIS system implementations and developments.
We are looking for candidates that can perform the above duties while representing Encepta’s core values and leading as a role model for the team. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to perform the role through their past education, background, and experience.
- Advanced Diploma in GIS or a combination of demonstrated GIS experience and post-secondary education with:
- Experience with Esri Products (ArcPro, ArcOnline, Fieldmaps).
- Experience designing and developing customized spatial applications.
- Experience delivering spatial analysis projects in support of client’s business needs.
- Experience updating workflows with automation and scripting using Python and / or Model Builder.
- Experience with developing web mapping services (e.g ArcGIS Online).
- Working experience developing and implementing GIS solutions especially in the areas of productivity, QA/QC, mobile data capture, geospatial analysis, spatial ETL and workflow automation.
- Strong cartographic skills including the ability to adhere to standards and communicate highly complex information in an accessible and attractive manner.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced innovative setting.
- Demonstrated experience working with, organizing, analyzing and mapping field-collected data.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Liaising with other departments to build out new integrated data workflows.
- Creation, updating and maintaining of documentation and resources for procedures on workflows.
- Maintains data integrity and connectivity in the enterprise GIS by inputting, processing, manipulating, and presenting new and revising existing data in accordance with standards, procedures and system rules.
- Strong verbal, written and graphical communication abilities.
- Strong organization skills proven ability to document and communicate work in a professional manner.
The following proficiencies and experience would be considered assets:
- Drafting and AutoCAD experience.
- Working experience in the discipline fields of telecommunications, civil engineering, utilities and/or natural resource environment.
- Working experience in the creation and management of enterprise geospatial databases.
- Functional experience with: QGIS, Safe Software FME, MATLAB, AutoCAD and MS Suite Applications, Fulcrum, BI tools.
- Experience working with GPS data.
- Experience with UAV / Drone data collection and processing.
- Experience with Lidar data processing.
- Experience with relational and / or Graph databases .
Encepta is a Canadian company with specialized expertise in the telecommunications contracting industry. Encepta offers end-to-end infrastructure planning, design, and data collection services, which unify network data for telecoms, utilities, and municipalities. We are a hybrid of experienced and innovative problem solvers, new grads, and young professionals, all with a customer-centric attitude.
We have the culture, heart, and soul of a tech company, and we thrive on multi-faceted projects, where we can apply that spirit to an often antiquated contracting industry. We take a systems integration approach to major infrastructure design and build projects, combining the right technologies with industry knowledge to ensure recurring success for our clients.
Steer innovation for deployment of essential connectivity services.
Our Service Commitment:
Make the hard things easy for everyone in our complex and time-sensitive marketplace.
How Do We Do That?
We immerse ourselves in our client’s challenges by applying our experience, solving problems, and integrating technology solutions. This approach is paired with our core values. We live and breathe our values: they form our foundational beliefs and serve as a guiding framework for our actions.
- Be Curious
- Take Pride
- Work Together
- Get it Done
- Do The Right Thing
How We Give Back To Our Team:
As one of our ongoing corporate goals, we are committed to building a place where people love to work. Not to brag, but some of the things we have accomplished so far are pretty cool. Take a look at some of these perks our team currently enjoys:
- Very Flexible, Hybrid/Remote work.
- Our own internal podcast: EncepTALKS.
- Office spaces in Victoria, Vancouver, Burnaby, Edmonton, and Calgary with plans to expand across Canada.
- RRSP matching program.
- Active lifestyle/fitness incentive plan.
- Mental health awareness focused lunch and learns.
- Excellent extended health, dental, vision and wellness benefits.
- Flex Days, Company Winter holidays, and Sick days, in addition to vacation time.
- Lots of lunches on us.
- Monthly Town Halls with employee recognition built in.
- Professional development budget.
- And much more!
How We Give Back To Our Communities:
As a facilitator to essential connectivity services like internet, phone, and utilities, we understand how important it is to make sure our local communities are taken care of and that we stay connected with them. Encepta has built a donation system into our monthly value awards, so each month we are able to donate to charities of our employees choosing.
We also understand that our communities are diverse and rich and culture, and that builds for an even stronger team at Encepta. We are proud to say that Encepta is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their identification with any of the protected groups within the Human Rights Code. Encepta is committed to strengthening the diversity and inclusion on our teams through hiring individuals within the BIPOC communities and making informed business decisions guided by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.
Job Type: Full-time