SENIOR ACCOUNTING/ LAW CLERK OPPORTUNITY
We are currently seeking a senior law clerk/legal assistant with experience in legal accounting and litigation support to work for our Ottawa office. The position will require approximately 24 hours per week. This is a client-facing position.
More About Us
Kelly + Kelly offers mediation and arbitration services, primarily in family law. We are celebrating our 30th year in business. We have offices in Pembroke and Ottawa.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently, will possess at least 5 years of experience in legal accounting, be comfortable working with the public and other lawyers, and have exceptional references from previous employers. Experience in a litigation environment would be an asset. Compensation will match the candidate’s credentials and will be highly competitive. The majority of tasks will be performed remotely but some in-person work will be required.
- Managing all aspects of general and trust accounting including preparing client invoices and managing the firm’s receivables, payables and ledgers
- Front-line communications with clients and lawyers outside our firm
- Providing general legal administrative support to lawyers including independent preparation of correspondence
- Maintaining and organizing physical and electronic files
- Independent analysis and electronic organization of disclosure documents
- Maintaining lawyer’s emails and calendars—scheduling appointments including coordination of Zoom/Teams meetings and setting up conference calls
- Inputting client data into DivorceMate software
- Post-secondary education in accounting, business, or legal administration. A law clerk diploma is preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in legal accounting.
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft 365 and PC Law, QuickBooks Online, LEAP or other practice management software is essential.
- Experience in DIVORCEmate is an asset.
- Highly literate, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and client service skills.
Why You Should Apply
- Highly rewarding work
- Competitive compensation
- A pleasant and collaborative work environment
If you are interested in applying please send your resume and a minimum of two references from former employers to [email protected].
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: From $35,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON K1S 1Z9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- legal assistant: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ottawa, ON K1S 1Z9