The Department Manager supports the Refinery Division Value Stream Manager, focused on providing leadership for the individual Operations Leads, delivering on department process operational targets, meeting safety, quality, production, cost and customer delivery goals.
- Leading, promotion and administration of Safety, Health, Environmental and Employment Standards, complying with corporate standards and regulatory requirements applicable to area of responsibility.
- Oversight and leadership of the Operations Leads, Assistant Operations Leads and the department, motivating and engaging employees while promoting team building.
- The responsibility to report and rectify Food Safety deficiencies
- Actively supporting the management of the Lean Manufacturing System, including facilitating Root Cause Analysis, and Kaizen events
- Manage production planning and inventory levels
- Assisting direct reports with appropriate coaching to build their skills and decision-making process.
- Establishing high goals for personal and team accountability.
- Coordinating with local Supply Chain, Engineering, Maintenance and other plant functions to drive synergies, remove obstacles, streamline operations and drive continuous improvement.
- Act as the Operations Gatekeeper for Maintenance and Reliability related activities
- Coordination of training needs for the departments and individual employees
- Monitoring process conditions and operational activities in order to take appropriate corrective action to ensure safe operation of the process.
- Tracking of historical data, analyzing and monitoring key process indicators to optimize and troubleshoot processing issues.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to the Operations Leads, and Assistant Operations Leads
- Offer vacation coverage for the Operations Leads
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious goals through others.
- Have the capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Respect and value others’ differences, seeking opportunities to learn from those with different perspectives.
- Build long-term relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders.
- Take swift, decisive action and use organization resources in the best interest of the company
- Take ownership and operate with a sense of urgency to promptly respond and resolve problems.
- Adapt and support others through change, ambiguity, uncertainty and complexity.
- Assume personal responsibility for mistakes, act to correct them and learn from them.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively create new solutions that exceed customer expectations
- Are willing to supportively challenge the status quo to find new, more effective tools and methods for accomplishing tasks.
- Have a proven ability to lead and facilitate in a team environment and build consensus in a positive manner with team members and customers.
- Have a desire to gain awareness on the impact of external and internal events on the broader organization.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Post-Secondary education in technical or management discipline or equivalent in education and experience.
- 2-5 years of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably in corn wet milling.
- Demonstrated strong planning, organizing and time management skills; proven ability to coordinate and handle effectively a variety of assignments simultaneously and identify and resolve inner-group and interpersonal conflicts.
- Decision making ability, planning and time-management skills.
- Committed to creating and maintaining a work environment that adds value
- Ability to manage a dynamic manufacturing environment, interacting and communicating across functional lines and levels.
- Ability to train and coach others to improve performance.
- Ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Able to conduct effective meetings and communicate in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use various computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office, SAP, Wiki, and others
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion is a Fortune 500 provider of ingredient solutions that helps nourish, comfort, sustain, and delight people around the world. Ingredion’s wide range of ingredient solutions is strategically designed to address changing consumer trends and preferences. Our specialty portfolio includes starch-based texturizers, clean and simple ingredients, plant-based proteins, sugar reduction and specialty sweeteners, and food systems. Our innovative ingredient solutions are used by consumers in everyday products, from foods and beverages to paper and pharmaceuticals. And we do it all in a planet-friendly sustainable manner.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$105,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cardinal, ON K0E 1E0: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Do you need now or in the future sponsorship to work in Canada?
- manufacturing: 5 years (required)
- Supervisory: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person