Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, On site (No remote work)
Job Location: 40 West Wilmot Street, Richmond Hill
Monday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am - 7:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Plus, ONE mandatory Saturday shift per month: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Compensation: Competitive salary and health benefits plus commission and bonuses.
- Work Collaboratively with the senior management team in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the respective department.
- Manage a team of collectors to ensure that they’re all working towards their assigned collection goals.
- Create an inspiring team environment, motivating and coaching team members, setting clear team goals and deadlines.
- Double calls when necessary and provide feedback.
- Ensure the proper training and development of new hires.
- Ensure collectors follow protocols, laws, and regulations to collect payments efficiently.
- Monitor the ongoing performance of the team and collection aging, assigning tasks to the team to ensure timely collection of payments.
- Assist the management team with performance appraisals and disciplinary measures.
- Provide accurate reporting on monthly projections and MTD recoveries for the team.
- Track daily attendance and provide accurate reporting to payroll on timecards.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods using critical thinking and probing questions to overcome objections.
- Maintain compliance by use of proper policy, procedures, and scripts.
- Accurately record all details of communications and activities within the system.
- Proactively monitor and investigate accounts to locate pertinent information to aid collection.
- Identify cases for special handling according to company criteria, including legal actions and asset attachment.
- Obtain all documentation from client concerning the account, including information about the debtor, invoices, contracts, promissory notes, payments, and related correspondence.
- You will also be responsible for other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Must have 5 plus years of third party debt collection experience
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of collection methods and provincial regulations.
- Proficiency with the CUBS collection software is an asset
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Competitive salary, paid training, and a commission structure
- Incentives and monthly contests: prizes, trips, rewards, employee appreciation and bonuses
- Group Benefits (health, life, dental insurance plan - for full time employees)
- Career advancement opportunities
[NOTE: The Financial Debt Recovery is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Accordingly, Financial Debt Recovery will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process or during employment to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time throughout your recruitment, selection/assessment or employment thereafter, you should contact the HR department and advise. Subsequently, Financial Debt Recovery shall make every reasonable effort to provide appropriate assistance.]
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1H8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you able to commute to our office location in Richmond Hill, Ontario?
- What is your salary expectation?
- third party debt collections: 5 years (preferred)
- Accounts receivable: 5 years (preferred)
- supervisory: 3 years (preferred)
- English fluently (required)
Work Location: In person