As our Freelance Junior Graphic Designer, you will be bringing fun and fruity designs to life and growing our mission to Kick Sugar, Keep Candy!This role reports to the Design Manager and will be remote inVancouver, BC, with occasional attendance at our head office. This is a short term position with a maximum of 15-20 hours of design work per week.
Who Are We?
SmartSweets is on a mission to Kick Sugar, Keep Candy! We make the delicious candy you know and love with up to 92% less sugar than traditional candy. We are proudly Female-Founded and on our way to kick 5.5 billion grams of excess sugar out of candy in a single year (what we call our Mission to Mars). We are proud of our sweet culture and accomplishments. Our recent accolades include a certified Great Place to Work (3 years in a row), Waterstone Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture Winner, NielsonIQ Breakthrough Innovation Award Winner and Instacart’s Emerging Brand List.
How You Will Grow Our Mission:
- Conceptualize & design assets for each marketing channel that are designed in line with brand guidelines
- Work closely with the creative team to provide design and production support on all marketing projects, such as ads, e-newsletters, social, sales and marketing assets, campaigns, and packaging post production tasks.
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Managing & meeting your own project timelines with creative input and direction from the Design Manager
- Maintaining and organising department files and directory
What You Bring:
- 0-2 years professional experience, open to new graduates
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat etc.)
- Knowledge of GIF animation and photography retouching
- A strong portfolio (only candidates with a portfolio will be considered)
- Passion of following and keeping up with design and industry trends
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment.
The Sweet Stuff:
- Bear Benefits (aka. free candy!)
- Life, Work, Flow Philosophy (aka. flexible work environment)
- Puppy Friendly Office
Are you excited to help revolutionise the candy industry? Apply on our Careers Page with your resume, cover letter and share why you are excited about kicking sugar out of candy!
Our Commitment to Celebrating Individuality - Representation & Inclusion
We are committed to elevating the voices of Squad and community members on the mission to Kick Sugar, Keep Candy! We believe representing the uniqueness of all makes us stronger as a whole. We are making a difference by encouraging all Squad Members to practise allyship, educate themselves, inspire others to take action and support underrepresented communities.
All Squad Members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. SmartSweets implemented this policy to reduce the risk that someone will be exposed to COVID-19 during in-person business activities. SmartSweets intends for this policy to comply with all applicable laws. It is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable. Reasonable accommodations will be made for medical conditions and sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices.
Job Types: Freelance, Part-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC