Whaley Estate Litigation Partners (WEL Partners) is a Toronto-based law firm which offers clients expertise in the Estate Litigation. We have an administrative position open for the right candidate to join our legal team.
We are seeking an exceptional intermediate Litigation Legal Assistant. In this position, you will be the dynamic, organized, right-hand person to our Litigation Team. You will be an exceptional listener, great note-taker, knowledgeable and calm professional. And you will need incredibly strong organizational and computer skills.
We are looking for someone with litigation experience. Someone who is used to handling important duties in a professional environment. We want someone who can bring a positive attitude to any situation, especially when things get busy. Being able to laugh at yourself helps everyone get through challenging situations.
Experience and knowledge of Litigation procedures is essential.
· Working with lawyers and clerks to prepare court pleadings and proceedings.
· Review and process electronic and paper litigation files.
· Assist in the development and implementation of best practices for file management.
· Support all levels of document management including setting up and maintaining electronic database.
· Reviewing documents and recording matters to be brought forward.
· Assist in the preparation and assembly or various court documents (notices of application; application records; motion records, appeal records, affidavits, orders, trial records, bills of cost).
· Other office functions including service and filing of documents, searches, research, preparing correspondence, documents and papers from transcription.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- At least 3 years of direct, practical experience in a litigation law firm environment, or a law clerk or legal assistant certificate, diploma or degree.
- Good understanding of civil litigation and ability to prepare court documents required in a ligation procedure in Ontario.
- Experience with ACL would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Caselines and familiarity with filing and submitting documents electronically to the Court important
- Knowledge of Zoom scheduling.
- Superior time-management and organization skills—ability to balance working on several projects, demonstrating proficiency in time management and prioritizing tasks.
- Strong typing, self-editing and excellent organizational skills (both filing and scheduling and bringing forward matters).
- Excellent communication skills—both written and oral—strong attention to detail to produce accurate work.
- Good interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction within a law firm environment.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office: Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- PCLaw or other accounting program experience would be great, but not a pre-requisite – training will be provided.
- An interest in working in a professional law firm environment is a must.
This is an intermediate level position which requires a candidate with the ability to work well within a busy litigation-only practice. We need someone who has keen attention to detail and the ability to hold matters in strict confidence. We need someone who is self-motivated and has a “can do” attitude.
Everyone wants an opportunity to continue to learn and to grow. We expect to cultivate the skills of our employees and that is what we are looking for – someone who is interested in developing their skills and getting promoted within the Firm.
WEL Partners has introduced a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in or visiting our offices. Accordingly, any offer of employment will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Any exemption request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted only where the request meets the requirements of applicable legislation.
If you are interested in the position, please apply through the Indeed link with your resume and covering letter.
WEL Partners welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. We are proud to offer equal employment opportunities. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview may be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All recommended COVID-19 protections are in place.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M4V 1K9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person