Why You’ll Love EECOL
When you join EECOL, you become part of a global leader in business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. We take pride in having an inclusive and family-like work environment. We provide a compensation package that offers competitive wages, flexible hours, excellent benefits, and a career you can be proud of. There are endless opportunities with our promote-within culture!
What’s in it for You
- Permanent, full-time positions, Monday through Friday. Weekends and evenings are for friends, family, and fun, not work!
- Enjoy regular salary reviews and incentive opportunities.
- EECOL is not just a job, but a company where you can learn, develop, and build your career! All training provided. We promote within; excellent opportunities to advance along with educational assistance so you can pursue your career goals.
- A benefits package designed with your total well-being in mind including generous paid time off, comprehensive insurance options for you and your family, generous flex benefits, health & dental plan, disability, life insurance, vision care, and a retirement savings plan including Pension, RRSP and TFSA opportunities to save for the future!
- Enjoy a wide variety of perks including discounts on travel, vehicles, entertainment, shopping and many more.
- Monitors past due invoices and make a high-volume of collections contacts via phone, e-mail, or customer portals.
- Works with the customer to determine root cause of dispute for unpaid or short-paid invoices. Identifies and documents detailed reason.
- Performs customer account reconciliations, including research of unapplied cash, and credits and unearned discounts.
- Evaluates collectability of unearned cash discounts, finance charges, small dollar invoices, etc. and performs write-offs of uncollectable amounts within their level of authority.
- Obtains appropriate credit information to rate credit worthiness of new and existing accounts within assigned portfolio.
- Works cross-functionally with sales, operations, finance, contract administration, and customer master administration teams to gather and review documents, including purchase orders, credit applications. And loads into contract tracking tool for approval by financial services management and partners.
- Reviews orders on credit hold by assessing credit worthiness of customers, including financial ratings, open invoices, in-process payments and backlog, and makes recommendations for order release to supervisor.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, or Business is required; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, or Business is preferred
- Licenses/Certificates/Designations - NACM or similar is preferred
- 1 year experience with accounts receivable, accounting, finance, supply chain or general business required, 3 years preferred
- 1 year of knowledge of computer system applications required, 3 years preferred: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word, and familiarity with an ERP platform (e.g., Oracle, DAX, AS400 etc.) required. High level of Excel knowledge preferred.
- 1 year of commercial, business to business, credit and collection experience in a high-volume environment required, 3 years preferred
- 1 year of Working with trade credit and other third parties (e.g., D&B, Experian, Equifax, NACM, CreditSafe) to obtain credit information required, 3 years preferred
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with a positive disposition is required
- Reliable with strong organizational skills and solution-oriented philosophy is preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment is required
- Strong attention to detail with a passion for accuracy is required
- Willingness to accommodate temporary working hour changes as required by workflow is preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate a willingness to accept new challenges is preferred
Are You Ready to Launch Your Career with EECOL?
Founded in 1919, we have been offering competitive value and superior service for over 100 years with over 60 locations in Western Canada. EECOL is one of Canada's leading electrical products distributors. Our employees stay for the long-term because we offer a rewarding and exciting career, not just a job! The majority of our team started in entry-level positions and have enjoyed a variety of career paths taking them to leadership roles throughout the organizations. Don’t miss out on this opportunity; join our team today!
EECOL Electric Corporation., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Wesco”) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.