As we move through a period of exciting transformation and organizational change, Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Administrator.
Under the authority of the Professional Engineers Act, PEO licenses and governs over 91,500 licence and certificate holders and regulates the practice of professional engineering in Ontario. PEO’s mission is to regulate and advance the practice of engineering to protect the public interest. With a talented, multidisciplinary staff of over 100, PEO’s vision is to be a trusted leader in professional self-regulation.
The position is responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing and administering PEO’s local and cloud infrastructure, network, servers, security, telephony and projects as assigned. It serves as a technical expert in systems administration. This role ensures that appropriate security systems are in place and assists in developing risk assessments, business continuity and disaster recovery plans and serves as second-level support to Help Desk staff to analyze and resolve problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Manage and perform the implementation, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrades and support of all IT systems, including servers, network, security, operating systems, hardware and software for both PEO’s private datacenter infrastructure and cloud infrastructure (including Azure and O365).
- Manage virtualization infrastructure such as VMware and vSphere.
- Perform incident management, problem management, event management, change management, capacity management and request fulfillment.
- Perform proactive risk assessments of existing and new technology deployments; and develop and implement plans to mitigate risks.
- Manage and perform the research, planning and implementation of IT infrastructure projects and strategies.
- Benchmark, analyze and make recommendations to improve and grow IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Liaise with technology and support vendors to drive solutioning and problem solving.
- Perform infrastructure asset management, backups and recovery.
- Collaborate with application development, network/security and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless integration within the production environment, including validation planning, validation testing coordination and reporting production readiness for deployment.
- Establish standards, tools, processes and documentation to be used by the team and create procedures to guarantee adherence and compliance to those standards.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues, responsible for communicating with all impacted parties on the status and resolution of all issues.
- Provide training to users on how to use Office 365 effectively.
- Mentor junior members of the Technical Support Team.
- Keep current on new technologies and advancements in current technologies.
- Assists with special projects or other duties as assigned.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge
- Microsoft Server OS
- Microsoft Windows environment
- Microsoft Office and O365
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Cloud Technologies
- Server Hardware
- Network storage solutions
- Network administration including protocols and hardware.
- VMWare and virtualization technologies
- Wi-Fi Technologies
- IT Security
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent listening skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present technical terms in user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor or diploma in field of computer science or some related computer-oriented field, or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience in systems administration, network administration, O365 administration, Azure administration and VMware
- ITIL background
- AWS experience is an asset
- Linux experience is an asset
We have fully embraced hybrid working, and for us this means coming to the office twice a week. However, if you wish to work in the office more often, you are welcome to.
If you are interested in this role, please ensure you apply by October 1, 2023.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON
Application deadline: 2023-10-24