Are you looking for a role that will challenge you? Would you like to make a difference in the Environment? If you answered yes, our Chalk River location is looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant to providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office for a large department. Can you see yourself supporting management through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication? If you answered yes, then this may be the job for you!
What will you be doing!
- Manage scheduling of meetings and appointments.
- Coordinate meetings, such as booking rooms, sending invites, ordering catering.
- Review incoming correspondence and electronic mail and take appropriate action.
- Prepare correspondence, minutes, action lists; and prioritize commitments.
- Track and follow-up on actions placed on Manager/Director and other division staff.
- Act as liaison between Director/Manager and division staff.
- Organize events such as division seminars, workshops and international conferences.
- Arranging/coordinating travel.
- Maintain accurate office records and files/follow-up system for outstanding issue.
- Adhering to CNL's corporate document standards and rules (formats, storage and numbering protocols).
- Work with various groups both within and outside of the departments to ensure reporting requirements are met.
- Reviewing and updating documents (formal documents, presentations, spreadsheets) to ensure format requirements are met.
- Communicates objectives, directives, policies/procedures, and general information to staff, and ensure quality of cross-functional administrative processes.
- Providing status updates and supporting documentation for various scorecard/project reporting.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information pertaining to all levels of Departmental and/or Divisional staff.
- Work with the Director and/or Managers to assist in preparation of promotion cases.
- Coordinating meetings and gathering data from managers for various HR processes, such as performance management cycle, and succession planning.
- Assisting in the budget process (reporting forecasts, submissions to Finance).
- Coordinating smaller scale business support projects or providing administrative support to larger projects.
- Tracking and ordering supplies, Photocopying/printing
- Submitting maintenance/IT requests, expense reports
What we are looking for:
- Secondary School Graduation
- Post-secondary training in Business Administration an asset.
- Five years of experience in an administrative assistive role, or the equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Can work independently without supervision.
- Must be "Team" oriented with demonstrated ability to work well with others and promote positive work environment. Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to train and develop others.
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, trust, and discretion in handling of sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Experience in, or willingness to be trained in, the use of CNL business systems: ORACLE, ATOM, etc.
- Knowledge of QA Manual and Procedures.
- Knowledge of radiation protection, environmental, QA and security compliance program
Security clearance eligibility required: Reliability Status with Site Access Security Clearance (SASC), which has a minimum requirement of 3 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom.
Does working with a team across Canada to advance nuclear science and technology for a clean and secure world speak to you? We're reinventing ourselves to be the pace setters, so we can lead the charge in solving the problems that matter, like building the next generation of clean nuclear and hydrogen energy solutions, developing new and better-targeted cancer treatments, and continuing to lead the world in environmental remediation.
- Work-life balance is an integral part of our overall health and well-being; at CNL, we value this.
We offer a complete total rewards package:
- paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal);
- benefits effective day one, that’s right no waiting period;
- tuition support
- and a pension!
CNL works with employees across our Canadian locations to enable a hybrid workforce where possible. Our Hybrid employees work with their manager to establish expectations for when they will be on site vs when they are working from home.
CNL is Canada's premier nuclear science and technology organization and a world leader in developing nuclear technology for peaceful and innovative applications. Using our unique expertise, we are restoring and protecting the Environment, we are advancing clean energy technology, and our medical breakthroughs continue to improve the health of people around the world.
- Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
- Restore and protect the Environment.
- Contribute to the health of Canadians.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promote equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission. CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence, which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please inform the Talent Acquisition Specialist with whom you are in contact. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
The Chalk River Laboratories site is located on the unceded and unsurrendered territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe people. As an organization, CNL recognizes and appreciates their historic connection to this place. CNL also recognizes the contributions that First Nations, Métis, Inuit and other Indigenous Peoples have made, both in shaping and strengthening this community in particular, and this province and country as a whole.