Committed to fostering opportunities for current and future generations, the Region of Waterloo is an inclusive, thriving and sustainable region of connected rural and urban communities with global reach. Our mission is to serve, engage and inspire, by delivering quality services to a diverse population of 630,000+, while creating a healthy, collaborative environment of learning, respect and innovation.
This is a place where employees are valued and recognized for their talents and contributions to our success. Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We are looking for people like you to help make it happen.
The Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS) and Region of Waterloo (ROW), the “Organizations”, are embarking on a joint partnership to implement a shared Human Experience Management (HXM) solution. As the Organizations endeavor to enhance employee efficiency and deliver the best service possible to their communities, this new HXM solution will provide enhanced strategic value by introducing modern business practices, replacing outdated systems, and enabling a world-class user experience.
The Organizations have partnered with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) for implementation and the contracted solution is the SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite (cloud-based).
The HXM solution will provide the following functionality: Human Resource Information Management, Recruitment Management, Human Resources Compliance and Labour Relations, Payroll & Finance, Talent Management, Organizational Wellness, Advanced Reports & Analytics, and Workforce Management.
As an integral member of the HXM project team, you will assume a leadership role in the successful implementation of the HXM solution and take part in this exciting opportunity for change, innovation, and modernization.
Reporting to HXM Project Lead(s), in this exciting opportunity you will advise Functional Analysts to produce solution design and documentation for complex enterprise applications with expert attention to architectural qualities and business processes for the successful implementation of a new Enterprise Human Resources Management Solution (HXM) with the Region of Waterloo (ROW) and Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS) (the “Organizations”). This opportunity would be well suited for a candidate with skills in communication and teamwork to create an atmosphere of collaboration through the implementation of the new enterprise.
Apply your Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- You will use your knowledge and expertise to lead, coordinate, and facilitate teams made up of Functional Analysts, subject matter experts, vendors, and project teams from both organizations to identify opportunities to improve work processes and coordinate and monitor projects.
- You will provide coaching and support Functional Analysts with the configuration of SAP SuccessFactors modules based on best business practices.
- As subject matter expert, you will analyze current business processes, programs, and needs, and work with clients and other staff to define project requirements and develop business automation recommendations. You will perform business process review and conduct related industry research.
- You will work in consultation with the Program Optimization Consultant to ensure best practices are adopted.
- You will have the opportunity to build relationships with partners, agencies, and institutions for researching best practices and identifying solutions.
- You will assist in negotiating product configuration and organizational needs with subject matter experts and vendors.
- You will create presentations and reports that communicate project updates and workshop content to subject matter experts and the core project team weekly.
- You will manage product configuration requests, change management, conflict resolution, and risk mitigation.
- You will assist in the development of configuration workbooks to meet legal, regulatory, and business requirements and participate in workflow improvement projects.
- You will work with the HXM Testing & Cutover Lead to help facilitate user acceptance testing.
- Performs related duties as required.
Apply Your Experience at the Region of Waterloo
- Knowledge and skills are normally acquired through a bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field, plus relevant SAP HXM experience as a functional analyst. Equivalent combinations of related education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Experience working in municipal or public sector workplaces, with union and non-union team members, is preferred.
- Experience in an SAP SuccessFactors full implementation cycle and/or using cloud-based SAP SuccessFactors HXM.
- Experience and skill supporting Canadian HR and payroll services.
- Knowledge of customizing payroll (Canadian), time and attendance management, benefits, finance integration, and all HXM related activities.
- Extensive working knowledge of SAP HXM, particularly time and attendance management and payroll, and experience with integration between SAP modules and other systems.
- Knowledge of regulatory practices, principles, and procedures related to payroll, basic accounting for payroll, and administrative functions in a payroll environment.
- Ability to carry out support activities related to HR payroll (Canadian), including knowledge of tax calculations, related legislation, and year-end related activities. Knowledge of scheduling and staffing processes and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and modify payroll schemas and rules.
- Ability to translate stakeholder requirements into documentation deliverables such as functional specifications, use cases, and workflow/process diagrams.
- Ability to analyze business processes and systems, identify inefficiencies and/or required functional enhancements, and document business processes and procedures.
- Ability to translate business needs into clear requirements that will enable the design of flexible solutions to enable business strategies.
- Ability to articulate SAP SuccessFactors functionality to business and IT teams at various levels.
- Judgement and creative thinking skills in decision-making situations.
- Ability to redesign business processes and maintain system integrity.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, adapt to changing priorities, and organize and prioritize work. Ability to coordinate work schedules to meet deadlines.
- Experience and skill working in a shared model with other teams.
- Leadership, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict management skills to develop consultative relationships with senior leaders, provide consultation and support to team members, create an atmosphere of collaboration and mutual respect, and participate as an effective team member.
- Written and verbal communication skills for engaging partners, writing reports, and presenting research conclusions.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with corporate policies and procedures, collective agreements, and related legislation applicable to both organizations.
- Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Smartsheet’s, Jira, and other project-related software.
- Ability to adjust hours as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to support and demonstrate the values of both organizations.
Consideration will be given to candidates that are not fully qualified when no fully qualified applicants can be identified.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. The Region of Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Contact Centre at phone number 519-575-4400, or TTY number 519-575-4608 to request an alternate format.