Tlicho Safety & Security (TSS), is seeking an experienced Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager to manage the development, implementation, enforcement and maintenance of the Tlicho Investment Corporation & Group of Companies’ (TIC) HSE programs while ensuring that all companies are in compliance with all government regulations and client standards. This is a corporate leadership role established to lead our group of companies in all aspects of health, safety and environmental management to develop and maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all staff.
- Develop and communicate Key Performance Indicators for HSE;
- Lead HS&E audits and work area inspections;
- Manage and supervise a safety team, including training and mentoring;
- Be responsible for the development, implementation, and review of HSE policies and programs – to include delivery of HSE training programs;
- Facilitate and educate line management/superintendents/supervisors and workforce personnel in the application of required procedures, policies and site conduct;
- Formulate corrective actions to address identified risks and hazards to workers’ health, safety and the environment through risk assessment and hazard elimination;
- Provide advice to personnel on strategies and processes;
- Develop, maintain, communicate, implement and enforce Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for various worksites, projects, and operations;
- Ensure emergency response plans are in place and functional;
- Develop and implement a Business Recovery Plan for emergency preparedness;
- Lead the Occupational Health and Safety Committee for TIC and it’s Group of Companies;
- Ensure that TIC’s HSE programs and policies comply with WSCC and other legislative requirements;
- Liaise and maintain positive working relations with government agencies and other regulators;
- Prepare, submit, and monitor working cost and capital budgets, based on program requirements;
- Prepare and submit all required paperwork to WSCC and other regulatory departments/organizations as required to ensure compliance with legislation and to maintain our COR status where applicable;
- Maintain statistical safety performance tracking reports for provision to TIC’s management team;
- Establish safety milestones, and implement a safety performance recognition system to celebrate the achievements of safety milestones throughout the TIC group of companies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working in remote areas/communites ideal;
- Possess a high level of communication skills - capable of conversing at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven ability to develop consensus within multicultural, diverse teams;
- Experience developing and leading HSE best practices and procedures including the development of training programs;
- Proven ability to act as a change agent, driving continuous improvement with a commitment to reducing incidents, accidents, and near misses;
- Excellent stress management skills;
- Strong investigative and reporting skills;
- Excellent knowledge of HSE legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Strong leadership credentials with the ability to develop and foster a strong safety culture for all employees;
- Class 5 Driver's license required;
- Submission of confirmed Criminal Record Check or recent fingerprint results;
- Strong computer skills (primarily using the Microsoft Office suite of applications).
Typically, the above would be attained by:
- Minimum of 8 years of Environmental Health & Safety experience with a minimum of 3 years at the management level;
- Diploma or Certification in Industrial Health & Safety (or equivalent);
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) certification considered a strong asset;
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) designation considered a strong asset.
What we Offer!
- Competitive compensation package to include an attractive annual base salary, annual Vacation Travel Allowance, annual Vehicle Allowance, 3 weeks' vacation to start, 1 week personal leave and annual bonus potential
- Relocation allowance if required
- Fully employer-paid health/dental/disability/life insurance plan
- Matched employer/employee pension plan
- Great team environment!