ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you’ve come to the right place! We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
- Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
- Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 2 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow’s world:
- Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
- Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
The Summer Analyst Program, in short:
- One week of product, professional development, Culture & Conduct training, and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) events;
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with Senior Management;
- Ongoing networking and development opportunities inside and outside of your assigned team;
- A Mentorship Program, further integrating you into the SG community;
- Option to shadow members of various teams across the bank;
- Collaboration among fellow interns;
- Opportunity to attend events hosted by our Employee Resource Groups, champions of our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
Which team you could be part of:
Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) provides highly motivated individuals with the opportunity to build exceptional careers within the finance industry. Our Summer Analyst Program offers an opportunity to work within the independent risk management division (RISQ) of Société Générale. RISQ acts as a second line-of-defense function to both partner and effectively challenge the business lines to make the best risk management decisions for the firm, and to collaborate with all stakeholders to become a best-in-class risk management department. This will provide a knowledge of banking, our businesses, and culture that will enable you to succeed in this innovative sector that provides expansive opportunities; it is also the main pipeline into our Full-Time Analyst Program.
You will work closely with one of the following teams: Market Risk (the MRF team oversees market risk related business activity across different asset classes such as Equity, Credit and Fixed Income); Metrics Monitoring Group (MMG monitors, in collaboration with the front office, the business activity including the review of Profit & Loss (P&L), risk analysis and exposure follow-up for different trading desks); Hedge Funds, Prime & CCPs (the HPC team oversees counterparty credit risk for these specific counterparty types); and Model Risk (several teams work on the independent review and validation of models (e.g. credit, market, liquidity) or the development of market risk models).
Projects include, but are not limited to:
- Perform quantitative analysis on trading risks and P&L data;
- Develop risk analysis tools and visualization dashboards;
- Review Machine Learning models applied to process automation or market data analytics;
- Design framework for study of ESG factors and Financial Risks;
- Support technical solutions for digitizing risk management processes.
- Audit Risk assessment requirements and regulations.