Working within the Executive Department and reporting to the Executive Director (ED) the Senior Executive Assistant will provide support to the Executive Assistant to Chief & Council (C&C) and Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator (EA/PC) to the ED. The primary purpose of this role is to work closely with senior management to ensure structure, coordination and organization in a way that enables the ED & C&C to maximize productivity while effectively delivering the most value to our members and staff along with developing cross-program collaboration.
What does it take to be successful working at Seabird Island? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Planner: Ability to form short and long-term scheduling of tasks, reports, deadlines, and events.
- Organized: Ability to process and organize electronic and paper documentation and information.
- Personable: A collaborative attitude, participating in the planning, developing, extending services, and promoting effective strategies to encourage a positive workplace atmosphere.
- Communicator: Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills and proven ability to adjust style for various audiences. The ability to convert data into information for reporting to various audiences, including internal teams, clients, the community, and external bodies. Being the go-to person for all questions about day-to- day operations.
- Multitasker: The ability to balance competing priorities, meet deadlines, and to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
As part of our commitment to finding the best candidates, we utilize online assessments to gain insights into your aptitude, motivations, interests, and personality to assess your compatibility with our team. These assessments consist of short online exercises tailored to evaluate how your traits align with the job you are applying for.
To apply for this job, please follow the instructions below:
- Submit your resume and complete our Prevue Assessment simultaneously. The assessment is an integral part of our evaluation process.
- Allow yourself a minimum of 35-40 minutes to complete the assessment.
- Should you have any questions or encounter technical difficulties, please reach out to our Recruiting team at [email protected] or call 604-796-2177 for assistance.
Follow this link to complete the assessment: https://seabirdisland.prevuehub.com/selfregistration?url=BE%7CB9E
Once you have completed the assessment, we will carefully review your application and results. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further steps in the hiring process. Please be assured that all assessment results will be treated confidentially and used solely for the purpose of evaluating your candidacy.
Please note that failure to complete the assessment may result in disqualification of your application from further consideration.
Work that matters
Are you looking to start a career where you'll make meaningful connections within the community? Our team is passionate about supporting our community.
Seabird Island is located 1 kilometer from Agassiz, BC on the beautiful Fraser River, 120 km east of Vancouver.
We’re hiring!| Facebook | LinkedIn | For Our Culture
Benefits and perks
Benefits vary by job type, apply after a successful probationary period and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
- Extended health and dental benefits,
- Accrued vacation and sick time,
- Pension plan with matching employer contributions,
- Access to internal training programs, professional development and skill enhancement,
- Collaboration with an interdisciplinary teaching team,
- Equitable hourly rates in accordance with collective agreements, and
- Casual dress code
What you’ll do
- Assist Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator's and Executive Assistant’s with administrative tasks
- Deal with the Executive general incoming emails, calls and enquiries – organizing and acting as a “gatekeeper”
- Manage calendars and booking appointments
- Quickly learn and utilize software’s, automation tools, and other Microsoft office tools
- Assist with meeting minutes and execution of action items
- Set up reporting systems, run reports, ensuring data is reported timely and accurately
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix issues as they arise
- Assist in promoting current communication channels
- Design reports in line with reporting requirements of the department.
- Provide administrative support to Director and including collating monthly & quarterly reports, compiling statistics, and drafting correspondence.
- Assist the Director with developing a schedule for all reporting requirements.
- Gather financial statements and budget updates periodically as required.
- Prioritize departmental work and delegate tasks as necessary, ensuring that work is performed to the required quality standard and ensuring that adequate administrative cover is provided at all times
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing digital filing and retrieval systems.
- Ensure there is consistent administrative recording and monitoring system across the Department and that all record keeping is accurate and up to date.
- Attend and on occasion coordinate scheduled team meetings and various other meetings as requested. Take, draft and distribute meeting minutes as required.
- Assist the Director with employee communications and with staff scheduling requirements.
- Participate in on-going professional development and other training as required.
- Coordinate meetings, travel and other scheduled events for the Director as needed
- Complete Director’s Credit Card Reconciliations as needed
- Respond to public concerns by prioritizing issues, providing information and explanations where necessary, all whilst being unbiased, nonjudgmental and professional.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by your Supervisor, Manager, Director, or the ED
What you bring
- Diploma/Degree in Business Administration or related post-secondary certification(s). or Equivalent education and training preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including; time management, organizational, planning and people skills.
- 3-5 years’ experience within business administration is preferred
- Excellent problem solving, risk management and cost control skills.
- Knowledge of collecting and analyzing data, and ability to produce reports.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations as needed
- Strong customer service focus and ability to provide services in a prompt, respectful and unbiased manner, in accordance with existing Seabird Island Band policies and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge, respect, and understanding of Stó: lō culture, history, traditions, and language is considered an asset
- Experience working with First Nations community is considered an asset
- Ability to adhere to an Oath of Confidentiality agreement, Seabird Island Band Policies and Procedures
- Valid BC Driver’s License, Class 5 & clean Driver’s Abstract
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Reports to: Executive Director
- Employment is conditional upon completing pre-employment screening to ensure a safe and secure work environment in which students, staff, members, families, community, as well as resources, and assets are protected. All background checks, reference checks and criminal record checks are performed in accordance with SIB HR Policy, protecting the integrity and confidentiality of information gathered during the evaluation.
Seabird Island is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Pursuant to S. 41 of the BC Human Rights code, preference may be given to Applicants of Indigenous, Métis, or Inuit heritage. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in Canada; however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.