Working as a member of the team in collaboration with Managers and/or Partners of the Firm, the Senior Staff Accountant assists clients in preparing tax returns, conducting research and providing recommendations based on clients’ unique needs, priorities and objectives. This position also involves preparation of year-end financial statements (Notice to Readers, Reviews and Audits).
This firm has a family culture, they provide hybrid work environment, flexible time for employees, and there are opportunities for advancement within the firm.
- Independently plan and execute audit and review engagements for small to medium-sized clients with minimal supervision.
- Supervise and manage junior staff members.
- Prepare Personal and Corporate Tax Returns
- Working knowledge of ASPE and IFRS, Generally Accepted Auditing and Review Standards.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and supporting working papers
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and regularly monitor deadline budgets.
Skills and Experience
- Pursuing or completion of the Canadian CPA designation
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience in a public accounting practice
- Good Tax, Audit, and Accounting knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Organizational skills for prioritizing demands, work flow and meeting deadlines
- Must have a strong commitment to quality
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment
Why Work Here:
- Family Culture
- Hybrid Environment (2 days remotely a week)
- Flexible Time
- Fun Team Days
- Opportunity to grow into Partner Over Time
- Competitive Salary
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
- What is your Salary expectation?
Work Location: In person