Job Title: Litigation Legal Assistant
Job #: 16273
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Excellent benefits
Remote Flexibility: Hybrid Remote Flexibility
Our client, a reputable Toronto firm is currently looking for a Litigation Legal Assistant. This firm has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
- A leading management labour and employment law firm.
- Office conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Toronto!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal administrative and clerical support to the assigned lawyers;
- Preparing correspondence and legal documents for review, including court documents and documents for administrative tribunals such as the Ontario Labour Relations Board and the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario
- Schedule meetings, conferences, engagements and travel;
- Draft/edit correspondence and legal documents from precedents and/or dictation;
- Manage calendars for lawyers;
- Assist in preparation for hearings/trials;
- Liaise with Billing Coordinators for the monthly production of accounts;
- Schedule examinations for discovery, mediations and court appointments;
- Preparing basic court pleadings or other courtroom visuals. Coordinating service and filing of proceedings with agencies and courts.
- Prepare and maintaining a bring-forward system;
- Maintain electronic filing system;
- Liaise with the courts and clients;
- Manage workflow of files from beginning to end; and
- Additional tasks as required.
- 5+ experience working as a Legal Assistant in the field of labour and employment law;
- Post secondary education in a Legal Assistant/Administration program or equivalent required;
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, court rules and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Outlook and Excel), legal software and applications; Working knowledge of iManage and Acumin is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Solid attention to detail and time management and multitasking skills; and
- Ability to prioritize and meet urgent deadlines.
How To Apply:
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #16273in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.comfor new employment opportunities. #KNTLGL
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person