With more than 50 years of Aerospace industry experience, IMP Aerostructures, an Operating Unit of IMP Aerospace and Defence, is a leader in the Aerospace industry providing top quality, structural components and assemblies to clients such as Bombardier, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Spirit Aerosystems and Lockheed. Located in the quaint town of Amherst, NS, just a short trip from Moncton, NB, you’ll enjoy a lifestyle that offers all of the amenities of big city living in a rural setting. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, IMP Group takes enormous pride in the diligence and hard work its employee groups provide. Known for providing its employees with a supportive and challenging atmosphere, fostering growth and personal development, IMP Aerostructures has an immediate opening for a motivated individual to join its winning team!
Responsible for leading quality centric teams in a production based and unionized environment, to assure compliance with the IMP Aerostructures Quality Policy, contractual requirements including applicable regulations and standards.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of experience and relevant education in manufacturing Quality Management Systems.
- 3-5 years management experience in a progressive Manufacturing Engineering environment with a minimum of 3 years direct experience in the Quality Engineering, Quality Control, or Quality Assurance field.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 or AS9100D mandatory and experience with NADCAP Certification or ASQ designation considered and asset.
- Lead auditor certification required from BSI Group or equivalent.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management and Risk assessment skills.
- Strong knowledge of Lean/ JIT Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma processes would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated success working in a team-based environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the Aerospace Industry.
- Provide leadership and direction to Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Document Control Teams.
- Provide assistance to production and supporting departments on quality-based issues and corrective actions.
- Establish and sustain the divisional Quality Management System and associated process and procedures.
- Responsible for the oversight and effectiveness of the following Quality functions and activities:
- Internal Audit Program;
- Non-conformance reporting and control of non-conforming product;
- Root cause & corrective action processes;
- Technical reviews of potential new work packages to ensure process compliance;
- Maintain customer special process approvals;
- Management of the Approved Vendor List and supplier quality;
- Material Review Boards and customer rejections;
- AS9100, NADCAP certifications and customer quality audits.
- Carry out reviews of new contracts and specifications, identifying Quality requirements, and ensuring process and procedure correlation to meet requirements.
- Monitor and audit company Training, Qualification, and Authorization System and records to ensure the integrity and compliance all products.
- Manage relationships with customers with respect to quality audits, quality notices and other internal non-conformances to resolve manufacturing issues and ensure compliance.
- Actively participate in new product introduction, compliance and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assists in the development and validity of Personnel Training Plans and Records.
- Implement change management with teams (e.g. Methods or Manufacturing engineering) to ensure that the all products are manufactured in accordance to customer and/or regulation requirements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, and lead through to implementation.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
Applications for the above position will be accepted until the position has been filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only individuals selected for an interview will be notified.
IMP AEROSTRUCTURES IS COMMITTED TO EMPLOYMENT EQUITY
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume