Hi, we’re Maplewave! We’re a passionate, diverse team that brings innovative retail solutions to our telecom clients all over the world. What makes us different? We always strive to do what’s right - for our employees, clients, and partners. And we have a lot of fun too. So, whether you’re looking for exciting projects, a fun team environment, or a supportive employer that invests in your future, Maplewave has the dynamic career you’ve been waiting for.
Our Development team is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Developer to join our growing team and work on large-scale enterprise projects. The Senior Software Developer will achieve unit tested code, meet coding and architecture standards, and conform to functional design documentation when present. The testing will include a mix of automated unit tests providing coverage of new features and edge cases, and manual testing of happy path and key edge cases as identified in the functional specifications and milestone documents. This role is a remote position due to current public health restrictions, and in the future, the Senior Software Developer will have the opportunity to work from our office or remain 100% remote.
The right candidate will have strong attention to detail, an aptitude for working with SQL, and have software development experience working in a Linux/MySQL environment.
You’ll work on setting up, improving, and maintaining many instances of reporting servers, and help develop CI-CD processes to automate this process. You’ll also have a role in developing data processing jobs and maintaining the underlying data processing systems.
You’ll engage with business and data analysts, data consumers, and data providers to design, build, and maintain enterprise-level, scalable BI and reporting ecosystems that support the creation of advanced reporting and analytics for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with business analysts and customers to develop, update, and maintain suites of reports.
- Write code to perform ETL and other related data-moving and cleansing tasks and carry out monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Build CI-CD automation around our reporting ecosystem (ETL jobs, reporting server deployments, report deployment, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and optimize our reporting servers, perform upgrades, etc.
- Performance tuning to optimize ETL and reporting SQL queries.
- Write and maintain documentation and data dictionaries.
- Build and maintain advanced reports and design ad-hoc reporting domains.
- A post-secondary degree or higher in a technology-related field, such as Computer Science, Computing & Information Systems, or an equivalent level of related job experience.
- Ability to conceptualize and translate clients’ reporting needs into tangible and useful reports/data feeds/etc.
- Ability to deliver a high level of quality and service to clients and internal stakeholders alike, and exude professionalism, empathy, and a focus on quality during customer interactions.
- Willing and able to champion your own innovative ideas with respect to improving internal processes.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-start and self-prioritize.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts, as required.
- Telco experience considered an asset (but not required).
- 2+ years of software development experience in one or more of (Java, Ruby, or Python)
- 1+ years of experience working in an AWS environment.
- Exposure to containerization, preferably Docker/Kubernetes and/or the Openshift suite.
- 1+ years of experience in CI-CD programming, Dev-Ops, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and general SQL.
- 1-2+ years of experience working in a Linux (command line) + MySQL environment.
- Experience designing and developing reports and dashboards, or data analytics products.
- Experience working with Atlassian project management tools, like JIRA and Confluence.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS B3B 1T5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- C language: 5 years (required)
- Ruby on Rails: 3 years (required)
- Delphi: 3 years (required)
- Java: 3 years (required)
- HTML: 3 years (required)
- .NET: 3 years (required)
- C#: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Dartmouth, NS B3B 1T5