About AISC (aisc.ca)
Serving Nova Scotia’s 14 industry sector councils, the Association of Industry Sector Councils (AISC) goal is to help our member organizations to collaborate on initiatives that attract, train, and retain talent to build a robust Nova Scotia. Sector Councils provide workforce development and HR tools and resources to 30,000 small-and medium-sized businesses and two-thirds of workers across Nova Scotia. AISC has identified the need to hire for Accounts Payable Specialist/Bookkeeper to support its administration, governance and project success.
Why work for AISC?
· Be a part of building a skilled, resilient workforce in Nova Scotia
· Work with great people who care about the success of employers and workers, and one another
· Participate in (optional) professional development opportunities
· Enjoy flexible working hours and work from home most of the time
- Sharing - Sharing best practices, resources, challenges, ideas, and successes
- Collaborating - Working together to solve problems and create opportunities
- Excellence Together - For the greater good of employees, employers, and all of Nova Scotia
Logistics of the Job
· 10-12 hours per month, most months; expect more in Nov., early Dec., Mar.
· Hybrid: your space and our office in Ragged Lake, Halifax; days/hours can be negotiated (must be available regular business hours at least 2 hours biweekly)
· Computer and software will be provided if needed
Job Summary / Key Responsibilities
● Accounts Payable: full cycle from receipt of invoice to distribution of payment
● Budget updates to multiple projects/committees
● Coordinate records related to bookkeeping
● Note: This role does not involve, at this time, accounts receivable, payroll, or monthly reporting (ie. Cash Flow, Balance Sheet)
Qualifications and Experience
Completion of a one-year post-secondary course (office admin, business) is helpful but not required with equivalent experience.
SAGE bookkeeping software knowledge/experience preferred; knowledge/experience with a similar software package will be considered.
Minimum two (2) years related bookkeeping work experience, preferably for a non-for-profit organization. Equivalent combination of training and experience may be acceptable.
SAGE bookkeeping knowledge preferred; other bookkeeping software knowledge and experience will be considered.
Advanced skills in MS Office products, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint.Other IT skills: videoconferencing (Zoom/Teams)
Strong written communication skills.
Job Type: Term
Hours: Part-time, 5-6 hours every two weeks
Contract length: To April 30, 2024 with potential for extension
Expected start date: Immediately
Location: Hybrid - Work from Home, as well as office at Ragged Lake Industrial Park (Halifax)
How to Apply
All interested candidates must apply no later than Thursday, September 28 to [email protected]with a cover letter and resume as one document.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 7 months
Part-time hours: 2 per week
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS B3S 1C2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Halifax, NS B3S 1C2
Application deadline: 2023-09-28