Nexom is a fast-growing wastewater treatment leader focused on bringing innovative and proven technologies to market. Nexom has been recognized for 2 years in a row as the Best Employer in the Wastewater Industry by Hunter Crown and regularly receives accolades for its collaborative culture, recognition of employee commitment to excellence, motivating career advancement and development, and rewarding work. With a customer-centric approach, Nexom positively impacts the environment by creating solutions that meet or exceed industry regulations while serving consulting engineers, municipalities, and industrial clients with simple yet powerful wastewater processes.
We are presently seeking a full-time Accountant to support the accounting department in carrying out its responsibilities of the multinational operation. The Accountant is responsible for general ledger accounting, ensuring transactions are posted in accordance with accounting standards in appropriate accounting period. You will provide support with several finance-related areas including Operations, Procurement, Project Management and related entities. The successful candidate will be an integral team member to a growing and dynamic accounting team and will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced and inclusive environment. The Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and Admin team.
- Draft and/or assist in preparing various financial reports
- Perform trend and financial ratios analysis
- Prepare and/or review accounts reconciliation and other financial schedules
- Identify inefficiency in processes and controls and proposes improvement. Work closely with Director of Finance with analyzing, reviewing, and documenting accounting processes, policies and procedures, internal controls, and guidelines
- Report and monitor accounts receivable. Provide support with billing and collection.
- Review of Canada retail tax and US sales tax calculation and filing. Liaison with tax authorities. Ensure tax compliance
- Post and/or review journal entries
- Identify areas for potential cost savings
- Assist other team members
- Ensure achieving Finance and Admin department’s performance while helping the company’s strategic objectives
- Other duties within the scope of Accountant as required
- CPA or currently enrolled in CPA program
- Minimum of 2 years progressive experience in accounting and finance.
- Experience preparing financial statements and various financial reports and analyzing financial data
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards
- Knowledge and understanding of new revenue recognition standards
- Excellent team player
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Can work independently while providing assistance with team members
- With strong problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- With excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Advance Excel skills and can easily adapt with ERP
- Experience in Construction Industry
- Experience in public practice consideredKnowledge of US GAAP and US franchise and sales and use tax
Highly competitive salary and compensation package is available including cash bonus potential.
If you’re an experienced accountant, or someone working in a accounting department, who’s looking for an opportunity to contribute insights into the corporate financial picture, this may be the role for you. Nexom provides a workplace that values family and an opportunity for driven individuals to grow their leadership and professional skillsets.
Please apply with cover letter and resume indicating the job title in the subject line.
Nexom is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- financial statement preparation and analysis: 2 years (preferred)
- progressive Accounting and finance: 2 years (preferred)
- CPA or are currently enrolled in CPA Program (preferred)
- class 5 drivers license (preferred)
Work Location: In person