SQL DB Administrator and Network/Support Specialist
A&B Courier Service Ltd.
31 Alexander Road, Newmarket, ON
$60,000-$75,000 per year – Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday Days (40 Hours per week)
A&B Courier has been a niche player in the transportation industry since 1980. We utilize a highly advanced and customized software solution to support our fleet of more than 150 drivers processing 1500-2000+ orders per day.
- Company Paid Benefits (Dental, Vision, LTD, Extended Health Care and Life Insurance)
- Company Paid Pension
- 6 Paid Sick Days per Year
- Company Provided Clothing (Casual)
- Company Events/Lunches
- On-site Parking
Work Location: On Site and In Person
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring the stability, performance, and security of our database systems and IT infrastructure. You will collaborate closely with our IT team to maintain and optimize our SQL Server databases while providing general technological support to our staff, drivers, and customers to keep our operations running smoothly. The successful candidate will also work to modify or write new scripts for reporting and/or database maintenance as well as support the development of our customized software.
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science Related Field; or Equivalent Experience
- 1+ Years in a Professional IT Support Role
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft SQL: o Script Optimization/DB Performance o Installation, Configuration and Maintenance o DB Health Monitoring and Diagnostics o Backup and Replication
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 10 OS, Office 365, and General Networking
- Strong English Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Experience with Crystal Reports or Power BI would be an asset.
- Experience with VMWare and Windows Server would be an asset.
- Experience with MDMs/Android Mobile Devices would be an asset.
- Experience in the Transportation Industry would be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newmarket, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- IT support: 1 year (preferred)
- Database administration: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-01