Position Available: Site Accountant
Are you an experienced financial expert with a passion for precision and strategic thinking? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Join our dynamic team at Tantalum Mining Corporation as a Site Accountant and play a crucial role in maintaining the financial health of our growing organization.
The Site Accountant is an important member of the team that performs the accounting services that are provided locally at the site. Your role will involve recording and maintaining accurate entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management and fixed assets. The Site Accountant will also be responsible for internal control activities to ensure safeguarding of the company assets and integrity of financial records and reports as well as reviewing and reconciling financial discrepancies or irregularities.
- Record, verify and maintain accurate and up to date financial transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger entries.
- Process invoices, expense reports, and vendor payments in compliance with established procedures.
- Review and reconcile financial discrepancies and irregularities.
- Conduct detailed financial and cost analysis to support decision-making and strategic planning and identify opportunities for cost reduction and process improvement.
- Monitor budget performance and variances and collaborate with relevant teams to achieve financial targets.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, financial policy and relevant accounting principles, standards and regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns and liaise with external auditors and tax professionals.
- Support Site Management and Corporate Finance to ensure a solid system of internal control that is consistent with internal control standards exists at the site through the incorporation of suitable checks and balances, and separation of duties adequate to safeguard the corporation assets.
- Collaborate with colleagues to gather financial information and provide financial insights, guidance, training on financial processes and best practices.
- Effectively coach and train staff.
- Excellent general and cost accounting, internal control, financial management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and accounting processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience as an Accountant or in a similar role.
- Excellent managerial, analytical and communication skills
- Preference for experience in Mining, Manufacturing, and Cost Accounting
- Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., Sage, QuickBooks, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics) and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial data.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy in data entry and financial\cost reporting.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA) is considered an asset.
- Finance Designation, CGA, CPA
- Knowledge of accounting functions and systems of internal control.
- 5-10 years relevant experience.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lac du Bonnet, MB R0E 1A0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).
If you are a dedicated individual ready to take your accounting career to new heights, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and expertise.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lac du Bonnet, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Drivers License (required)
Work Location: In person