EduCo is a diversified, post-secondary education company dedicated to helping international students achieve their academic and career goals. EduCo is a globally connected team of international education professionals that helps connect international students with a network of universities worldwide.
EduCo operates two institutions under a Canadian parent company, Little Collins Holdings (LCH), in Canada namely Arbutus College which covers the English and Career sector and Acsenda School of Management in the Higher Education sector.
With students from over 50 different countries, Acsenda and Arbutus prioritizes the global job market at large, proudly relying on a learning philosophy that prepares students for the international business climate.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure accurate student records are maintained and to complete the AP, AR, and payroll duties for EduCo Global’s growing businesses in North America. Based in Arbutus College in Vancouver, this position will provide day to day transactional support for our North American colleges as well as assist the NA Finance Manager with month end and year end closing and reporting.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Student Inquiry and Student Database maintenance:
- Provide students with services within reasonable timeframe for students inquiries
- Adjusting student records in our student database to ensure data is up to date in accordance with student contract and student advising form
- Process invoices and prepare accounts payable for approval
- Process student refund requests according to our policy and reconcile the student’s financial record
- Process education agent commission requests according to our policy and reconcile the education agent’s financial record in our student data worksheets and our accounting program.
- Weekly Agents commission report and KPI report
- Ensure timely invoicing per student contract
- Entering student payment plans
- Run collections reports in coordination with the Admission & Student Fees Officer and school staff to ensure all students have paid prior to studying and according to Payment Plan due dates
- Record receipts in our student database and accounting system
- Complete weekly bank reconciliations
- Prepare daily cash flow reports
- Assist with month end and year end closing and reporting:
- Ensure timely responses to month end and year end queries
- Report accrual report for invoices not received neither posted
- Control ledger and subledger reconciliations
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Skills:
Diploma or Degree in Accounting
- 2 years of accounting experience including AP and AR
- 2 years of experience using an accounting program, preferably Sage ERP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with advanced skills in Excel
EduCo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. EduCo believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (required)
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting (required)
Work Location: In person