Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP is a Canadian law firm with offices in Vancouver and Toronto. Our focus is on helping clients from construction and infrastructure, commercial litigation, insurance, real estate, and business seize emerging opportunities and find solutions to complex legal problems.
Singleton Reynolds is committed to developing, implementing, and maintaining best practices and strategies to enhance equality, diversity, and inclusion. We make this commitment at all stages of the employment life cycle, through recruitment, retention, and advancement.
Singleton Reynolds is currently seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our Corporate Commercial Department. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, legal professional that thrives on work that is both interesting and complex within a solicitor’s practice. The applicant will be responsible for assisting the corporate commercial practice group in all aspects of its busy practice including assisting with mergers and acquisitions, ensuring documents are compliant with applicable legislation, organizing small transactions and overseeing the execution of all documents and performs due diligence where necessary.
To support the needs and requests of clients and lawyers by facilitating the flow of corporate work efficiently and in a timely manner
- Draft documents in relation to corporate transactions such as incorporations, reorganizations, alterations, mergers & acquisitions, and amalgamations
- Oversee corporate governance requirements.
- Perform due diligence searches such as land title, PPSAs, etc.
- Communicate with clients and others law firms / accountants / Corporate Registry, with a view to facilitating transactions and requests.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Paralegal.
- Previous Corporate Commercial Law experience
- Certificate/diploma/degree in Paralegal Studies
- Experience working with ALF Software strongly preferred.
- Computer knowledge including MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Internet, Case Management Software, and Time tracker software.
Skills & Attributes
Ability to work independently and to work in a team / collaborative environment.
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking and being able to understand the overall perspective of work.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Willingness to learn and receive feedback in to improve and develop skill sets.
- Strong Communications
- Attention to detail.
- Follow through to ensure proper closure and to maintain the corporate database.
- Aptitude for software and systems management
- Positive, professional disposition and flexibility to hand regular interruptions and unexpected changes to workflow.
- Superior organizational/document management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Exceptional aptitude for software and systems
Why Singleton Reynolds?
- Extended Health Care Plan
- Disability and Life Insurance Plan
- RRSP Matching
- Fitness Subsidy Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Regular Office Wide Social Events
- A Flexible Work Environment
- A warm and welcoming Firm Culture
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.