We respectfully acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional, unceded territory of the Okanagan Syilx People.
We’re looking for an experienced Paralegal to join our Kidston team. This is a full-time position to join our growing team.
Kidston Helm Ross Lawyers is a full-service law firm specializing in personal injury, estate litigation, insurance disputes, employment law, real estate and business law, and First Nations law. Kidston Helm Ross Lawyers is a leader in legal services in the Okanagan Valley. The lawyers of Kidston Helm Ross and our support staff bring honesty, trust, and respect to every interaction with our clients and to one another.
As a Paralegal, you will work closely with our team of Legal Assistants and Lawyers. We are looking for a detailed oriented person, who thrives in a busy environment and is a team player.
- Perform Paralegal responsibilities from file opening to closing
- Review incoming correspondence and draft responses
- Draft pleadings, correspondence and related documents
- Schedule appointments, trial, examination for discoveries, IMEs and related calendar management
- Maintain file organization
- Maintain bring forward system and court diary
- Handle associated legal administrative assistant tasks
- Support lawyers and other staff
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING:
- Strong working knowledge of court rules and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Has a high level of accuracy and proofreading
- Experience with legal research is an asset
- Experience in personal injury defense is an asset
- The interview process includes:
- Remote 30-minute phone interview with Laurel Swan (she/her), HR Advisor.
- In person or remote 60-minute video interview with Laurel Swan (she/her), HR Advisor and Robert Ross (he/him), Managing Partner.
- Conduct reference and security checks.
Perks at The Kidston Helm Ross Lawyers:
- Flexible time off including three weeks of vacation, sick days, and additional flex time throughout the year – all paid!
- Health benefits including medical coverage, dental coverage, and a health spending account including mental health.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- A hybrid work environment.
- Sponsored firm social events
Kidston Helm Ross Lawyers is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the hiring managers and team members will not respond to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes at Kidston Helm Ross; every resume is reviewed by a human to ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process. We look forward to seeing your application!
To apply, please submit your application via the application link.
Kidston Helm Ross is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to fostering an equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all. We believe that candidates with disabilities have the right to accessible accommodations throughout the hiring process. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. If you require any accommodations, please email hr @ kidston.ca and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
INCLUSIVITY AT KIDSTON HELM ROSS:
Kidston Helm Ross is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples,
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$79,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vernon, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have your Paralegal Certification?
- This is a hybrid role, do you live in Vernon or are you planning on relocating?
- Paralegal: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vernon, BC