Since 1949, TVCC has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
We have a vacancy for a full-time (37.5 hours per week), regular, Systems Support Technician in Information Technology. This position is expected to begin September 2023, the designated office is London. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- Assist the Systems Administrator in implementing the roll out of system updates / changes.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining cybersecurity systems patching and ongoing security initiatives.
- Assist in core network user account maintenance and auditing.
- Work with Information Technology team to build education plan and train users on cyber-security initiatives.
- Assist in maintenance and management of SaaS user accounts.
- Assist in device and Windows configurations.
- Support for secure remote access and systems.
- Maintain Mobile Device Management platforms.
- Maintain IP-based Telephone system.
- Support or lead specialized projects and implementations as required.
- Work with Systems Administrator to ensure backups functioning properly; restore files using backup software.
- Work with Vendors/Consultants for support and hardware and software quoting when required.
- Support and provide directions for Staff with software and hardware. Including main office and regional offices. This could be remote or in-person support.
- In conjunction with the Systems Administrator, advise on Software / App security
- Maintain and purchase TVCC licensing where required.
- Obtain quotes from vendors for software/hardware.
- Participate in making appropriate decisions surrounding software and hardware purchases and usage, including research.
- Find information about latest technology, comparison shopping, purchasing of software and hardware.
- Complete and maintain software/hardware inventory.
- College diploma in Network Administration or Systems Administration;
- Working towards or hold a college diploma specializing in Network Support, Cyber Security and Network Security Management preferred;
- Certifications such as CompTIA Network+ and / or A+, Microsoft Server, preferred.
- A minimum of 1-years previous experience in a Helpdesk role;
- Experience managing and configuring firewall technology;
- Previous experience in cybersecurity would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of security principles and best practices;
- Customer Service focused;
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10 Professional, Microsoft 365 products, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to explain complex technology using simple language;
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work well in an environment that involves competing demands/priorities, frequent interruptions and changing deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in an integrated team environment.
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources.. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position and location you are interested in. To learn more about Thames Valley Children's Centre, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Expected hours: 37.5 per week
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-01