Company Name: Toptable Group
Position: Junior Graphic Designer, Full-time
Reports to: Director of Communications, Toptable Group
Toptable Group is one of the most highly respected hospitality groups in Canada, encompassing eight of the leading restaurants in New York, Vancouver and Whistler: Oceans, Carlotto, Araxi Restaurant + Oyster Bar and The Cellar by Araxi, Bar Oso, Il Caminetto, Blue Water Cafe + Raw Bar, CinCin Ristorante + Bar, Elisa, as well as chocolaterie-patisserie, Thierry Cafe. Continuing to evolve in the pursuit of excellence, each venue has received significant critical acclaim, both locally and internationally. For more information, visit www.toptable.ca.
Supervised by the Senior Manager, the Junior Graphic Designer provides support to this role and other members of the Toptable Group team. The Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for maintaining the highest creative and communication standards in both traditional and digital media formats for all Toptable venues. They will provide an internal service to the Communications department and senior management team by assisting in the design of new brands, creative collateral and communication pieces to effectively represent the company's products and services to the marketplace.
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Design and develop graphic collateral and digital materials ensuring consistency of and adherence to company brand standards
- Assist in the design and development of new restaurant identities for an expanding portfolio
- Update and maintain company websites and digital content
- Create social media assets in support of various outlets
- Maintain the digital asset library
- Update and maintain company brand standards guide
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of a post-secondary education program with a Graphic or Communications Design major
- Minimum 1 year of design experience at a brand or studio environment
- Ability to create outstanding, original designs for print and web
- Understanding of corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and web production software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Displays an in-depth knowledge of the print production process
- Motivated self-starter who works with a sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and works well under pressure
- Strong knowledge of written and verbal English communication skills
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to apply online. This position will remain open until filled.