Enter the Game!
Activate is a tech company known for creating Canada’s first full-scale interactive gaming facility. We are experiencing significant expansion, and are looking to expand our team with the addition of a Legal Counsel. The Legal Counsel will act as the in-house legal expert on a variety of corporate legal matters. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide legal advice and guidance on a wide range corporate legal matters, including IP, contracts, commercial leasing matters, and license agreements
- Lead, structure, draft, review, and negotiate contracts, agreements, and other legal documents
- Provide timely legal advice regarding all legal issues facing the company so as to ensure compliance with federal, provincial and local laws and all contractual relationships
- Conduct legal research to monitor legal developments and changes to legislation
- Develop and implement effective legal strategies; offer creative solutions to mitigate risk
- Coordinate cross-border legal advice by developing relationships with global partners; collaborate with external legal counsel to ensure effective legal representation
- Represent the organization in legal proceedings
Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor degree (or equivalent)
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience as a lawyer at a corporate/commercial law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience in commercial leasing, IP protection, and general corporate law
- Excellent legal writing, drafting, and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to triage requests for legal advice in a busy environment
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities
- Benefits package
- Paid time off
- Casual dress
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Taking entertainment into the future by fusing technology and physical activity together to create live-action gaming experiences, Activate is a technology company building interactive gaming facilities with locations across Canada and the US. For more information about Activate, please visit www.activate.ca or check us out on Instagram - @activategames/Facebook @activategames.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.