OZ Optics Limited is a leading worldwide supplier of fiber optic products, test equipment and sensors. It is located in Canada's capital city of Ottawa and established in 1985.
· Every employee receives full benefits including medical, dental, and optical and life insurance with the premiums paid for by OZ Optics.
· Opportunity to work alongside with subject matter experts in fiber optics
· Opportunity to work on world-class products with cutting-edge technologies
· Best recreational facilities company can offer. Squash and basketball courts, weight-training rooms, indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub for use by employees
· Staff events - adult and children's holiday parties, Easter egg hunt, family summer barbeque, and soccer games.
· Free on-site parking
OZ Optics is looking for a high performing in-house senior litigation counsel. This individual will be responsible for:
- Representing OZ Optics in Civil cases
- Manage all phases of the litigation process from investigation, pleadings and discovery, to pre-trial settlement and appeal.
- Advising OZ on the law and legal issues.
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts.
- Preparing paperwork for court.
- Researching and analyzing documents and case law, to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure.
- Must have 10+ years of experience as a litigation lawyer
- Salary commensurate with legal experience .
- $140,000-$200,000 for 10+ years’ experience
Location: Toronto with frequent trips to main office in Ottawa
All Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Contract, Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $140,000.00-$200,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures