Medical Office Assistant
MOA POSITION (Dartmouth, Sackville, Bedford)
FULL-TIME WALK-IN CLINIC LEAD
Start Rate: $ ($ increase after 6 month probationary period)
Mon – Fri 8-5 (45 hour work week )
Paid Lunch Break (which means 10 extra hours on each paycheque)
Medical Available after 3 months & 2 weeks vacation
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
· Scheduling appointments in person at a busy walk-in clinic.
· Registering & billing patients using MedAccess EMR system.
· Ensure that patients are moved through swiftly and professionally and that the exam rooms are prepped at all times.
· Follow-up on all test results and maintain pending charts.
· Maintain patient confidentiality at all times, protecting patients' rights.
· Oversee the clinic supply needs & complete forms as requested by the Operations Manager.
· Maintain operations by following policies and procedures.
· Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Able to remain professional and handle multitasked items in professional manner.
· Must act with integrity and be willing to work assigned shifts.
· Preferred: Graduate of a recognized Medical Office Receptionist program or equivalent experience.
· Asset: 1-3 years’ experience in all aspects of the MedAccess software.
· Asset: 1-3 years’ experience in all aspects of medical billing (MSI & Private Pay).
· Preferred: Receptionist experience om a high volume environment.
· Proven ability to multi-task, time management skills, telephone etiquette skills, high attention to detail, professionalism, quality focused, high organizational skills and data entry skills.
· Asset: Familiar with software packages such as Word and Excel.
· Must be able to integrate into well formulated, cooperative teams.
· Must live in Nova Scotia, must be a resident.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS B2W 6L4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Medical office: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person